Securing an ATV at the lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    When Googling the rat/mice problem with ATVs I saw lots of people saying to use mothballs, dryer sheets, peppermint oil and a product called FreshCab. There were just as many people saying none of those worked for them. The most inventive idea was a guy who said he parks his quad on top of some kind of wire mesh attached to a solar fence charger. I wonder if that would work?
    Sure would, if the thief were barefoot...

Comment

I left my Ranger at a lease once for a month, then it was in the shop for two weeks. Rats ! Never again....

Comment

My buddy and I stored ours outside unlocked but under a covered area one season. The rats loved his atv and did some work on mine as well. Bought a covered trailer with ramp on the back. Never had a problem since then. 12 years. Trailer Doors have locks and a lock on the trailer tongue. Again if someone wants it they will get it. But at least the rats can’t eat it. Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chain and padlock it to something is all you can do. If they want it they will get.

Comment

insurance is cheaper than some of these ideas. I parked mine in the brush away from camp for years and never had an issue with it.

Comment

We never had any mice problems leaving them out. We would hide them in the wood , locked up with a chain. As added piece of mind we would also cover them with a camo tarp.

Comment

Build a small enclosure just big enough to put the buggy or four-wheeler in. You could even make it look like a picnic table or something.

Comment

I have a 12" guide wire anchor in the ground with logging chain through it, the wheel and the boat trailer along with a tongue lock to discourage honest thiefs at the coast from borrowing our boat. You could do something similar for a wheeler.

Michael

Comment

How about a self storage in the nearest town. Rent it for a few months during the season, Pick up the trailer on the way in, drop it off on the way out. Insure it for theft. Also have dry safe storage for anything else you may not want to haul back and forth. we did this at Brownwood for a couple of seasons.

Comment

Are there any close neighbors where you could store it when you aren't there?

Comment

At my place in Coleman I put mine in the barn and lock it up. Land owners is through every couple days and keeps an eye on stuff. At my place in Young county I pull it under my 5th wheel and put a chain around it. If a thief wants it they’re going to get it!

Comment

If a thief wants it bad enough he will get it! If a rat wants it bad enough he will get to it. A 5 lb rat can squeeze through a 1"x1" hole!

Comment

Any of yall with storage problems in South Texas that go through Beeville give us a call. We are a full service vehicle storage facility that will keep the rodents out and your vehicle running and clean year round. All you have to do is let us know when you will be coming through and we will have your buggy ready to go on your trailer, all you need to do is hook up and roll. When you drop it off after the hunt we will get it cleaned up and stored until your next trip.

http://www.sportsmans-services.com

Comment

Conex only for me

Comment

Peppermint oil spray for the rats. LoJack for when they cut the chain. They found mine 2 hrs after I reported it stolen.

Comment

Working...
                                X