No announcement yet.

Landowner sold my lease property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been there it sucks but its like crying over spilt beer. Nothing you can do about it but move on. Good luck on your lease hunt.

Comment

Was this in Mason/Menard Counties on the San Saba river? If so, I know exactly who you are talking about.

Originally posted by djc View Post
      Got the call last week that the landowner sold half her property, the half that I and another hunter were leasing. She suggested the we relocate to the other half of the property, that has 4 hunters on it already. So instead of 6 hunters on 600 acres, she wants 6 hunters on 300 acres, at the same price.

So I'm looking for a new lease, I could probably bring 3 more hunters along with myself, or a space for myself on an existing lease. Preferably somewhere west of Weatherford towards Abilene, Brownwood, Breckenridge area.

Would like electric hookups, and my wife likes to come along, but not hunt.
      I'm 59 been hunting for 45 years. Bow and Gun is preferred.

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
        Actually, She sold the property he leased from her. She did not sell the lease.

Comment

I know it may be unlikely but could you see if a new lease could be agreed on with the new owner?

Comment

Did she even let you know the place was going up for sale before it sold?

Comment

Got the call last week that the landowner sold half her property, the half that I and another hunter were leasing. She suggested the we relocate to the other half of the property, that has 4 hunters on it already. So instead of 6 hunters on 600 acres, she wants 6 hunters on 300 acres, at the same price.

So I'm looking for a new lease, I could probably bring 3 more hunters along with myself, or a space for myself on an existing lease. Preferably somewhere west of Weatherford towards Abilene, Brownwood, Breckenridge area.

Would like electric hookups, and my wife likes to come along, but not hunt.
              I'm 59 been hunting for 45 years. Bow and Gun is preferred.

Thanks!!

Sorry to hear, sir.
              The other part that would disturb me was that she suggested you move to the remaining 300 acres ... more hunters on half as much land, but the same price!

Comment

Again, I am sorry if I offended any landowners by the title of my post. I am just looking for a new lease. I know she can do what ever she want with her property. And no this was not on the San Saba, it was in Callahan county.

Comment

The next thread started on here will probably be someone who just bought there own place because they were tired of leasing.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Landowner sold my lease property

Again, I am sorry if I offended any landowners by the title of my post. I am just looking for a new lease. I know she can do what ever she want with her property. And no this was not on the San Saba, it was in Callahan county.

Anybody who was offended by any part of what you said was looking to be offended. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by Graysonhogs; 02-11-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Good luck to ya DJ, on finding a new lease . Maybe some of these not so nice folk will refrain from posting they're negative thoughts on your thread.

I'm leaseless too. But have chosen to be so. Because I've got over 300,000 acres of public land here in Texas to access. It's a different type of hunting.

Comment

Sorry to hear about you loosing your lease, that happened to me 4 years ago when the owner sold the entire ranch.

Comment

Happened to me 4 years ago, when the ranch we leased was sold too.
                          And 2 years before that.

Actually, if you want to sell your ranch, let me lease it.

Comment

Update, the Original lease was through the end of spring turkey season. Three weeks ago, we were told we need to clear off the property by the end of March. To day we get a call that they are closing on Friday, you need to move your stuff by Friday.

Comment

Update, the Original lease was through the end of spring turkey season. Three weeks ago, we were told we need to clear off the property by the end of March. To day we get a call that they are closing on Friday, you need to move your stuff by Friday.
                              I would send a letter asking for prorated refund for the missed turkey season.

Comment

Only way to get around stuff like this is to buy your own place

Leased land sells, somebody comes in and offers more money, landowners suddenly get squirrelly etc, etc

Good luck in the search for a replacement

I think you got a crappy deal on the changed closing date BTW

Comment

Working...
                                X