Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
    I would just drive it in to town lol
    Take it to Wagners or Napa in town or call Jay - PM if you want Jay's number he can fix anything

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Just drive it..... dang that seems to simple .

The lovely town of Menard has LE parked in front of the True Value dang near every time I pass it.
      Rumor has it they like to hand out the tickets.

I always do THE speed limit and give them a wave as I drive by.
      The rumor is true, I'd tow it if possible. You could also try sneaking it past them. If your coming in from 190 cut behind the gun store and miss the intersection. If from the south, use the low water crossing. I also noticed they like their lunch break.

Comment

I had another thought. You said you see the local cop all of the time....why not just pull in and ask him? Tell him it is a onetime deal to get it repaired.

-john

Comment

Just drive it to town. If you get stopped, explain what you are doing. I am sure that they will understand as this is not Austin....
          Adios,
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
            I had another thought. You said you see the local cop all of the time....why not just pull in and ask him? Tell him it is a onetime deal to get it repaired.

-john
            This is where I would start as well. Just let them know your situation. I bet he will say go ahead and drive it in.

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
              Am I missing the part about a car or pickup? The section that popped up for me is for semis and busses.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
              there are some little tabs on the page about midway down for one way permits or something....

Comment

yeah, just drive it into town.. I've never been pulled over in Menard! haha

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                  This is where I would start as well. Just let them know your situation. I bet he will say go ahead and drive it in.
                  yea....i am sure the police will give you to ok to drive without insurance. Then when you have an accident the cop will tell the other driver that he said it was ok for you to drive without insurance

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                    Just drive it to town. If you get stopped, explain what you are doing. I am sure that they will understand as this is not Austin....
                    Adios,
                    Gary
                    Listen to this guy. He lives & owns a business in Menard.

Comment

I live in Hext. If all else fails, I could haul you on my 24' gooseneck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McGaughey View Post

Hopefully it's not a tow truck business

Comment

Just go real fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Just go real fast!
                            With all due respect to the OP, this is another thread that would have our granddads shaking their heads and wondering what in the hell is wrong with us. I'd drive it....just like my Pop would have.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Just go real fast!
                              Crack a beer first!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McGaughey View Post
                                My middle son is the County Attorney...may be able to put in a good word for you. LOL!!!
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X