Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you regret that keep you up at night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Being unsuccessful at CPR.
    That one stings...I’m at a crowded fund raising banquet & gotta keep my head Tucked. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
      Not knowing where I failed with my oldest son who doesnt want anything to do with me. He's married now and had my first grandchild last year who I still havent even laid eyes on.
      man that sux, i hope yall work it out

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
        My son passed away a little over 3 years ago. We argued 3 days before he passed. I regret that we never resolved our differences before he passed! Keeps me up at night! Sometimes being a hard headed dad sucks!
        Exact same thing with my oldest brother and Dad. It changed our entire world for a long time. PM me yalls name, So I can pray for your family. This hits so close to home, brotha.
        Last edited by ostey22; 02-09-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

No words....

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
            Wish I would have stopped drinking sooner.
            Wish I was half the man you are buddy.
            Last edited by 67olds442; 02-09-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Started smoking at 16 because the fireworks stand didn't have punks to light them. 56 now and can't imagine how much money I have wasted on this habit.

Comment

I am the only child of my mother and father together, they each had kids with other spouses before me. My mom passed away in 2010, for some reason me and my half-brother on her side got into a huge argument over nothing after the funeral, didn't talk for years afterward. It bothered me a lot.
                Then my dad passed away in 2017, the same half-brother was at the funeral, he saw me and came over and we hugged and actually talked awhile, as if nothing had ever happened. He said he was glad to see me and I him. What a huge relief that was, guess we both made our peace with it. I still regret immensely that we didn't talk sooner because we were both hurting after mom's death, I know it was killing him the whole time and same for me.
                We're several 100 miles apart now, don't talk much but that day was a big burden off me.

Comment

Telling my dad it was ok to go, that he did his job raising me. Truth is I wasn’t ready for him to go. I was 17 when he passed. I’m 33 now and to this day I wish I could call him and ask how to do stuff.

Comment

Man, That stopped me for a second. God bless you Mr FnD

Comment

Been there....I have done it 4 times. The first three convinced me it was busy work while someone dies. The last one was the 30th of December. Two of my sqaudmates started chest compressions. I got there and popped him with an AED. He walked out of the hospital after 7 days. Best we can tell he was in cardiac arrest for 9 minutes.

Comment

A few that I'll mention.

Being helpless as a little girl took her last breaths in my arms. I wish I could have done more. Fallujah, Iraq 14 Feb 2005. Indiscriminate rocket landed in the courtyard of her home as we drove past.

How I treated my wife after two deployments (nothing physical). I was a mean person. It changed her. We're more than a decade from that time but, I still remember.

Asking God to take my Mom (step-mom). She was dying. She was in no pain when He took her (23 March 2012). She had Multiple Myeloma. I wish I had just had one more day with her.

Comment

Man this thread is a tough read. Good reminder that even in the worse of times someone knows what you're going through. Someone else has been through it.

Comment

Bless your heart. This put a lump in my throat. I think about you guys often.

Comment

My life's regret is not serving my country when I had the chance. It eats away at my soul every day every time I see a man or a woman in a military uniform. Now, as a cop I serve my community with integrity, humility and compassion so as to honor my HS buddies who took my place during Desert Storm. I'll see you guys someday...............

Comment

My dad passed in 2014. The morning that he died I was sitting in the waiting room at the ER when I heard them call a code blue over the loudspeaker. I knew it was him. The doc came out after a couple minutes. They were doing CPR and working furiously on him. The doc asked me what I wanted to do, and I made a decision based on the fact that my dad was almost 80 and had told me many times he never wanted to be on life support, etc....every day at least once I think about it and wonder if I did right by honoring what he'd told me.

Comment

Working...
                                X