“Come shoot an axis doe”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Come shoot an axis doe”

My buddy invited me up for the “weekend” to hunt axis on his place, he had been seeing a lot of doe. He kept saying it was more of an “ evening sit” but that being said he really had not hunted mornings except for once.
    We drive Into the properly Thursday evening to do last min checks and bumped a nice axis buck ( in velvet but done growing) eating some alfalfa under the bow blind! Man that about killed me!!
    Only because he asked me if I wanted to hunt and I could have but I told him no let’s just get settled in and make sure my bow is still on etc. I got in kind of later than I wanted and didn’t want to ( bump anything on the way in ) which I did !!!
    Anyways, so that happened Thursday evening, Friday morning we woke up at 4:30 am leave by 5 and I’m pretty sure got in the blind around 5:20 or so ( sun don’t come up until after 7am ) man it was a long sit in the dark lol.(not to mention but bumped a group of axis in the field about 30 axis or so . )
    Feeder goes off and two whitetail come in pretty quick, they fart around for a couple mins then leave. No bueno I couldn’t figure out why they left but they did. 30 mins or so go by and nothing. I was playing around on my phone when all of a sudden I look up and see horns !!! I open/closed my eyes like 4X cuz I kept thinking I was seeing things... NOPE! It was indeed a nice axis buck. However he is facing me, then all of a sudden My buddy then texts me around 7:40 if he should pick up... I tell him “ no I got an axis buck here”
    Long story short, buck finally gets broadside after the Feeder goes off (again goes off twice ) he almost walked off but ended up going between me and the feeder!
    Bamm! Shot him at about 15 yards max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

That's awesome!! Congrats!!!!

Comment

Nice doe

Comment

Drilled him, great shot.

Comment

Very cool!!!

Comment

Congrats!

That’s a big axis doe!

Comment

Beautiful buck!

Comment

I wish I had friends that would let me come shoot a axis Doe. Congratulations that’s a heck of an Axis.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Well done! Great buck - buy that buddy a drink or a steak!

Comment

Nice, congrats.

Comment

So he invited you for a doe, and you shot a buck? Congrats?

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                              So he invited you for a doe, and you shot a buck? Congrats?

...I was wondering that myself....

Comment

Working...
                              X