No announcement yet.

What is the cost of owning a horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, glad I asked. I didn't even know you could lease a horse. Gonna look into that.

Comment

My monthly cost for my 2 horses is extremely cheap, I've got 2 easy keepers and 80 acres for them to roam on. Both of mine are performance horses, which do need some maintaining. The benefits far outweigh my expenses... I have won more money on 1 of them, than both have cost me combined.... They are also handy for working cattle..

Comment

They say you can make a million dollars owning a horse.
        Step 1: Start with two million dollars, . . .

Comment

take all of your money you make in a month, put it in a trash can and burn it, if your o.k with that then your ready for a horse

Comment

An ex wife is cheaper

Comment

Bag of carrots, box of sugar cubes and an alfalfa bale, done. 38 dollars a month

Comment

When I was young I told my ol Grandpa I want a horse. He said "what you want a horse for? They're too tough to eat and too tall to scr**!". . Was given a horse many years later and it almost broke me.

Comment

My retirement plan is to open a feed store and give all my customers a free horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                    My retirement plan is to open a feed store and give all my customers a free horse.
                    Don’t forget to give away numerous chickens as well. And cats. Everyone needs 30 cats or more.

Comment

The cheapest part is buying the horse!!

Comment

Originally posted by hoghunter69 View Post
                        take all of your money you make in a month, put it in a trash can and burn it, if your o.k with that then your ready for a horse

This! [emoji23][emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          A boat is a fine investment up beside of a hayburner.

If you get a good horse it will always be hurt/sick $$$$ if you get a ****ty one it will live for 25 years $$$. They're even expensive when they die.

[emoji23]yes!

Comment

Had my tame horse try to kick my dog while I was hung over and it almost killed me

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              Get rid of both. Save lots of $$$
                              Yep, no matter how good looking they are, somebody somewhere is sick of their poo poo

Comment

I grew up with horses on our farm, really loved riding them. But will never buy them now that it is my money!! My atv's have never cost as much as my Dad's horses!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X