Quepos, Costa Rica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics!
    Who’d you fish with? We’re headed back down next week.

Comment

We fished with Quepos Fish Adventure, John Schuchert is the owner of the company. Fished on a 32’ boat with an English speaking captain and mate for like $800. We smacked the tuna until we couldn’t hang on anymore then found a bunch of dorado

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        We fished with Quepos Fish Adventure, John Schuchert is the owner of the company. Fished on a 32’ boat with an English speaking captain and mate for like $800. We smacked the tuna until we couldn’t hang on anymore then found a bunch of dorado
        Did you fish with Junior and Pepe?

Comment

I’ll be getting in touch with you about our return trip in dec or Jan. A house sounds like it could be fun as well
          Look up Manuel Antonio Estates. They have some real nice properties. We stayed in the Manakin Villa last December. Great for a large group. They have all sizes of houses and it is gated with a gatekeeper so you don't just have folks wandering around in there. The lady we deal with is named Angie and she is great to work with. Speaks English well and really helped us out with anything we needed. She lined us up a couple local chefs to come in and cook for us one evening and she joined us for dinner, at our invitation. Really sweet lady and she went above and beyond for our group.

Comment

Hotel makanda Villa 4 is where we are staying. I’m going to request it every trip back
            Makanda is fantastic. I haven't been there in almost 20 years, but that is where I would stay if I went back. A sunset happy hour from Barba Roja with Imperials or Pilsen's and their world famous nachos are a must.

A poolside sunset from the swim up bar at La Mariposa is also a must do.

If you want to do a park tour it is worth the money to hire a guide if you want to see wildlife. There is also a little beach in the park called Playas Las Gemelas that is fantastic and never had people when we were there. It is an easy hike from the park entrance.

Mar Luna near the soccer field opened when I was there. The chef/owner left Makanda to open it. It was a great place to get more local fare like a casado con pescado. We brought mahi or tuna to them regularly to cook and would get all the beer we could drink for a whole fish.

Down on the beach in Manuel Antonio, Marlins is a good restaurant (Marlin is a good dude) and Mar Y Sombra for a batido during the day. Mar y Sombra is also disco on the weekends and is a fun place to go.

The buddy I lived down there with went to college with Scott Cutter, who moved down there after graduation and has been there doing real estate and development ever since. Good guy to call if you are looking for rentals in the future.

Scott Cutter | Costa Rica Real Estate Broker | 2CostaRicaRealEstate.com | In addition to his intrinsic passion and love for the real estate field, Scott is actively involved in a host of community activities, charities and groups.
            Last edited by El General; 06-18-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Also, Cafe Milagro for coffee and breakfast is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                Did you fish with Junior and Pepe?

Yes and I’ll be back to fish with them again. Great pair

Comment

Went 6/8 on sails today. Brooklyn caught a few more dorado and her first sail but didn’t want a photo

Comment

Awesome, very nice pics!

Comment

I have fished 5 or 6 days with Junior and Pepe. I caught a blue marlin, a bunch of sails, a bunch of mahi and a bunch of yellowfin with them. And one grouper. I have not had a bad day with them. And Pepe does a pretty good job on the sashimi.

Comment

You are in for the time of your life. I’m not a world traveler so to speak but I’ve been fortunate to have been to a lot of places. Quepos was the best vacation of my life. The fish in my profile pic can e from there.

I would recommend white water rafting. My wife and I took the trip unplanned and it was one of the best things of the entire trip.

Have fun!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5232.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	24583444

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                            Look up Manuel Antonio Estates. They have some real nice properties. We stayed in the Manakin Villa last December. Great for a large group. They have all sizes of houses and it is gated with a gatekeeper so you don't just have folks wandering around in there. The lady we deal with is named Angie and she is great to work with. Speaks English well and really helped us out with anything we needed. She lined us up a couple local chefs to come in and cook for us one evening and she joined us for dinner, at our invitation. Really sweet lady and she went above and beyond for our group.
                            Once we get serious about Costa Rica I'll be calling. Probably next summer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

looks like ya'll killed it that week.

Comment

Double Nickel out of Quepos. American brothers who moved their families down recently. We got “stuck” with them when our boat was put out of service due to mechanical issues. Luckiest fubar ever! They got the boat ready and we were off with a 2hr delay. 12 sailfish and 3 dorado later, we were tired.

Comment

Working...
                                X