2019 Live Pig Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
    And another coon dead. Plus another in the bushes. I'm going to run out of arrows on coons.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    [emoji1360]
    I kinda hope you do, but we both know as soon as you shoot your last arrow a big ole pig will show up, stand statue still broadside and eat.

Lights on!!!!

Didn't see anything.
    I have a motion sensor light on my feeder.

I hope a pig comes out before you run out of arrows
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-15-2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

And another coon dead. Plus another in the bushes. I'm going to run out of arrows on coons.

Good luck! Go retrieve your arrows before it gets dark. I've done it a few times. Shot the same arrow, as long as it's not damaged.
      Good luck PB2!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Doh
        Feeder just spun!!
        BTW I'm at one of my regular spots and can use my .308 AR

I just got the jitters and my heart beat picked up. Ain't no animals even showed up....
        Breathe Kyle Breathe.

Wooooo Hoooooo God is Good.

Still no animals but God is Good.

Comment

Just stalked your profile, looks like you're between PB2 and me. I'm about 30 miles south of Tyler.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

2019 Live Pig Hunts

Not real live as my signal was pretty bad even with a booster but I'm working on a better antenna now. I thought I put a pretty good shot on a lone boar yesterday evening right at dark. Please excuse the poor video, it was right at "too dark to get good video but too light to use my pig light" so its grainy as heck. Anyway, I tucked it right behind the front shoulder quartering away and hit what I thought was the opposite shoulder. I could see him crash into a tree in the woods following my lighted knock. It was there I found my arrow missing 8" of carbon shaft and 2.5" of Magnus Black Hornet broadhead with heavy lung blood and bubbles with similar lung blood on the ground.. I tracked him for 200+ yards through some heavy heavy thicket and briars that I probably shouldn't have been in by myself at 11pm with an un-found shot pig. But.. it was the first animal with my new bow and I really wanted to find it. its amazing what those bastages can get though. Took me close to 2 hours for the whole ordeal... Unfortunately I ran out of blood and real estate and the mosquitoes were eating me alive so I gave up. Place is heavy with coyotes so he's probably rib bones now somewhere. Anyway, I'd have thought he'd have been down with in 50 yards after rewatching the video and seeing the arrow. Tough summidges.. What do yall think?

Oh well...had a new group come in tonight watching the Covert so I'm excited about getting back out there. Just hope it doesn't rain too bad and keep me off the property like it has all spring to date.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cVg-TLxjA"]SloMo pig shot 6/14/19 - YouTube[/ame]
            Last edited by Smart; 06-15-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Didn't have chance to post before heading out this evening. Boar down. At house getting my brother to help in recovery

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                Doh
                Feeder just spun!!
                BTW I'm at one of my regular spots and can use my .308 AR

I just got the jitters and my heart beat picked up. Ain't no animals even showed up....
                Breathe Kyle Breathe.

Wooooo Hoooooo God is Good.

Still no animals but God is Good.

Preach it! amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Not real live as my signal was pretty bad even with a booster but I'm working on a better antenna now. I thought I put a pretty good shot on a lone boar yesterday evening right at dark. Please excuse the poor video, it was right at "too dark to get good video but too light to use my pig light" so its grainy as heck. Anyway, I tucked it right behind the front shoulder quartering away and hit what I thought was the opposite shoulder. I could see him crash into a tree in the woods following my lighted knock. It was there I found my arrow missing 8" of carbon shaft and 2.5" of Magnus Black Hornet broadhead with heavy lung blood and bubbles with similar lung blood on the ground.. I tracked him for 200+ yards through some heavy heavy thicket and briars that I probably shouldn't have been in by myself at 11pm with an un-found shot pig. But.. it was the first animal with my new bow and I really wanted to find it. its amazing what those bastages can get though. Took me close to 2 hours for the whole ordeal... Unfortunately I ran out of blood and real estate and the mosquitoes were eating me alive so I gave up. Place is heavy with coyotes so he's probably rib bones now somewhere. Anyway, I'd have thought he'd have been down with in 50 yards after rewatching the video and seeing the arrow. Tough summidges.. What do yall think?

Oh well...had a new group come in tonight watching the Covert so I'm excited about getting back out there. Just hope it doesn't rain too bad and keep me off the property like it has all spring to date.

SloMo pig shot 6/14/19 - YouTube
                  Sorry you wasn't able to find him.

I've been in the thick stuff on my hands and knees tracking pin drops of blood.
                  All I had was my flashlight. Not a fun experience. My buddy shot it. He was smoking it for his daughters wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    Didn't have chance to post before heading out this evening. Boar down. At house getting my brother to help in recovery
                    Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

SloMo pig shot 6/14/19 - YouTube

You may have been close to him when you ran out of blood. And maybe one lung if it was shoulder bone. Pretty tight shot there . They can go a long long ways on one lung. Either way, you'll have one less pig in the area.
                      But don't pay no attention to me. I know very little about pigs. FND is the one to answer all questions concern-n pigs. I'm just here to pass the "buck".
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-15-2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        You may have been close to him when you ran out of blood. And maybe one lung if it was shoulder bone. Pretty tight shot there . They can go a long long ways on one lung. Either way, you'll have one less pig in the area.
                        But don't pay no attention to me. I know very little about pigs. FND is the one to answer all questions concern-n pigs. I'm just here to pass the "buck".
                        Lucky shot on a pig with my 5.56. it was a 50 yd shot.. I was shooting 55 grain VMax.

He ran 78 yds after I shot him.
                        FYI that's his heart....
                        Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-15-2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          Lucky shot on a pig with my 5.56. it was a 50 yd shot.. I was shooting 55 grain VMax.

He ran 78 yds after I shot him.
                          FYI that's his heart....

Nice!

I had a similar experience in LLano back in '82 or '83 with a deer.

Comment

Congrats to BW96 and 243 for drawing blood!

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
                              congrats to bw96 and 243 for drawing blood!

Sent from my lm-x410.fg using tapatalk

2x

Comment

Thanks fellas. I estimate around 170
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X