Hunting in Coleman county near Voss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting in Coleman county near Voss

So my parents are under contract on a piece of dirt in Coleman county near Voss Tx. We will be about a mile and a half from the Colorado river and 15 miles from Kenedy park on OH Ivie. Property is already setup with blinds and feeders and has a Clearwater pond stocked with bass and catfish.

It will be a great place to enjoy the outdoors with the family and make memories. For those that hunt this area what can we expect? Typical whitetail I am expecting to top out in the 130’s. How about hogs turkey or any exotics?

Lucky you congratulations. Some hogs tons of turkey. Can grow some 150” deer in that area with the right management. Don’t think there is very many exotics roaming around but it is a possibility with a few high fence exotic ranches around and have seen some low fence blackbuck in that area . Not to mention close to some great eats at Big o’s and at Elm creek village

Comment

I was out in Coleman County yesterday. Across the river from Brady. 4 to 6 foot sunflowers everywhere.

Comment

Congrats! Great country out there!

Comment

Awesome dove in that area too!

Comment

Same as anywhere nowadays a lot of factors I had best lease I’ve ever been on in that county yet guys across from us seemed to struggle you just never know
            Good luck

Comment

Dove and quail hunting can be fantastic

Comment

Ivie is the fullest it has been since 1999. Get ready for a giant bass explosion in the next 2 years.

Comment

Congrats.

My family has a lease not to far from y’all in Valera. Hunting is hit or miss, the hogs are thick right now. In my opinion Coleman County has close to the best dove hunting in the state. Sunflowers are looking awesome right now so it should be a good September. I’ve always heard the closer to the river the bigger deer you’ll have in Coleman. Who knows.

Hit me up one weekend and I’ll buy lunch at Big O’s in Valera.

Comment

Like others have said, lots of deer, on that side of the lake and near the river exotics are possible but not abundant. Should be target rich tho

Comment

Excited to get closed and fire off some game cams. One thing is for sure lots of good memories too he made

Comment

You’re spot on. My buddies hunted between there and Ballinger and it was an awesome place. Ton of deer, with the biggest being mid 130’s. There were a few exotics on their place, but not enough to hunt. I miss them having that place. Keep us updated on the place!

Comment

Once we close i’ll Probably open a thread to chronicle our progress as we setup camp and make improvements.

Comment

I hunted about three miles from Voss for 6-7 years and I have friends that stayed on that 640 acre lease for 20 years. There were a lot of 110-120 B&C bucks killed and I think one that may have scored close to 150. Deer population was good, lots of pigs, turkeys, & rattlesnakes, some quail. One year a few Axis wandered through. I think someone hunts every available acre in that country, pressure is high.

Comment

In around the 2003-2006 time frame we had a lease on 503 almost directly across the highway from Panther Creek Elementary School (this would be a few miles N/NE of you) and we saw good deer. I had a legitimate 160 nontypical that I missed with my bow. I had video of him, but I've lost it somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X