Who buys FEMA flood Ins??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who buys FEMA flood Ins??

Just curious what my fellow TBH members feel about FEMA flood Ins coverage...thinking about hurricane season & was recalling all the threads for those of you who were so unfortunate & if previous thoughts on it have changed for some one way or another.

It's a little over $400 for our humble castle.

Thanks!!

We get it each time we get transferred back to The Metro ; cheap peace of mind .

Comment

We have it. We were on edge of flood plain. Now off,but still buy for piece of mind. Ours too is right around 400.

Comment

I have it. And as stated above it can be cheap peace of mind.

Comment

I just signed up today actually through USAA. Was less than $500 per year for me too. It only covers up to $250k of the structure max and has a $1,200 deductible. Small price for piece of mind.

Comment

I have it also

Comment

We get it; $450 for the policy. After living through Harvey (we did not flood thank god); it still gives us a piece of mind. Sure, the policies are capped...$250K for dwelling and another $100K on contents, I believe; but that's still a lot for the average home.

I personally know several families that flooded during Harvey and only about a 1/3 of them had flood insurance. Let's just say the ones that didn't were completely screwed and a couple of them had full losses.

Another way of looking at the premium is on a monthly basis. $450 for 12 months is only $37.50 per month. People pay 2 to 3 times more than that monthly for cell phone and internet.

Comment

Yes indeed!

Comment

We have had it since the flood of 1994 in the Conroe area. Knock on wood, we have never had to use it

Comment

Wife and I close on our new house in two weeks and got a quote around $400.

Comment

Same here as above

Comment

It's a good thing to have. The fema maps can be really lacking in what they show. Many homes that flooded in harvey weren't in a mapped floodplain, mainly because harvey was bigger than a typical fema design storm. Plenty of places have local drainage issues that aren't shown on the maps. To me $400 would be worth it.
                        Last edited by jdg13; 06-12-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Best $450 peace of mind ever..

Comment

Best flood insurance you can buy I have been told. My mom's house flooded back when Porter got hamered a month ago and she didn't flood during Harvey. She has fema insurance. The contractor said they are hands down the easiest to work with compared to state farm, all state, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Best flood insurance you can buy I have been told. My mom's house flooded back when Porter got hamered a month ago and she didn't flood during Harvey. She has fema insurance. The contractor said they are hands down the easiest to work with compared to state farm, all state, ect.
                              I was under the impression that ALL flood insurance is FEMA. You just purchase through your insurance company. Rates are all the same for the coverage and zones.

Comment

Working...
                              X