No announcement yet.

Stockshow Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my daughter and myself are here at Houston Livestock Show for the Judging Contest today.

Comment

Awesome thread that brings back lots of memories.

Our oldest is only 3 1/2 so we have a few more years before we get back in it!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
        Well my daughter and myself are here at Houston Livestock Show for the Judging Contest today.
        Good luck! My son is there also with Porter High School

Comment

Got a couple more Dorper ewes not quite a year old. Getting a handful together to raise a few for the boys to show. Not the greatest pics but what I have. Going to start with 6-8 head. Bought 6 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rodeo Austin was good to us today. Millie made the sale with pullets. She was in the "cry spot" at the very end when a bird a few spots up croaked. They went to the end, putting her in the "wheeew spot". This was our first year with broilers. I'm sold on it. Feathers buy steer feed!

Both kids have steers here next Tuesday.

Later this week I'll be running all over creation picking calves for next year.

We're walking zombies right now. That time of year!
            Last edited by Tex_Cattleman; 03-20-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

That’s awesome Trey. Congrats to the kiddos

We have our county show next week

Comment

We sent a couple pigs to the truck at Houston last week. Guess we will spend a little more and try a little harder next year

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                  Rodeo Austin was good to us today. Millie made the sale with pullets. She was in the "cry spot" at the very end when a bird a few spots up croaked. They went to the end, putting her in the "wheeew spot". This was our first year with broilers. I'm sold on it. Feathers buy steer feed!

Both kids have steers here next Tuesday.

Later this week I'll be running all over creation picking calves for next year.

We're walking zombies right now. That time of year!
                  Chicken judging is an interesting profession.

Comment

My son took 4th in class in San Antonio Beefmaster Heifer. And took 5th in class at Houston with her.
                    We are heading to Galveston County next then she will head out to pasture. We will show her bull calf in a few open classes and she gets AI after Galveston. Hopefully she will drop a heifer this time.

We are switching it up this next round and going to Simbrah. Beefmaster has been good for the last few years but the boy wants to try this. So, away we go.

Comment

We will be in Houston on Monday morning for the Livestock Judging Contest
                      My boy is heading out today after school for the livestock judging competition at Tarleton. Are yall going to this one?

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        My boy is heading out today after school for the livestock judging competition at Tarleton. Are yall going to this one?
                        No we will not be there for that one. Abbey is still Judging in junior division

Comment

Well our county show starts tomorrow. Goats show Wednesday afternoon. We clipped yesterday afternoon.

Hope for a good week.

Tomorrow my daughter competes at the horse show. Both kids are doing livestock skills on Monday afternoon. Move goats in Tuesday evening. Weigh in Wednesday morning. Show Wednesday afternoon/evening. Livestock Judging Friday afternoon. Dance Friday night. sale Saturday hopefully we put an animal in it. Junior rodeo Saturday night. I am tired already. Fun times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well today is the day. We moved our goats in yesterday evening for our Denton county Youth Fair. Sheep show starts at 12pm with goats to follow.

I hope my kids have a great day.

Comment

Well today is the day. We moved our goats in yesterday evening for our Denton county Youth Fair. Sheep show starts at 12pm with goats to follow.

Good luck
                              My wife is headed up there to scan the livestock judging contest on Friday
                              I am headed to try to kil some turkeys 🦃 down south

Comment

In for an update. Hope yall did well. We check in for our county show on Friday

Comment

Working...
                                X