What Vortex scope for 300 win mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won a Savage 110 Tactical 300 win mag in a raffle yesterday. I’m looking to use it on an elk hunt in a couple years. I hunt 99% with bow and I’m not interested in the 1000 yard plus game. What’s a solid 400-600 yard vortex scope for the 300?

Vortex Viper PST

Comment

I second that. Vortex Viper PST

Comment

^^^^^^3rd

Comment

Get on midway. Several Vortex viper scopes on sale that would fit the Bill for you. Maybe even look at the Athlon helos model scopes on there too. On sale also

Comment

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and took advantage of the sale they are having at Midway.

Comment

For me, for hunting there is only one Vortex...Razor LHT... look at Eurooptics

Comment

Originally posted by Gunswayne View Post
                Thanks everyone. I went ahead and took advantage of the sale they are having at Midway.
                Well...what one did you get?!

Comment

I went with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunswayne View Post

I went with this one.

I hate to be a downer but those were plagued with problems. Hope you have good luck with it.

I’m told the Gen 2 version fixed most of the issues with them but I have no personal experience with them. I had terrible luck with every model I tried (below the Razor line) and it soured my opinion of them a lot so I haven’t tried the Gen 2 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My PST gen 1 has been back to vortex more times than I want to talk about for tracking issues. The erector system just isn't robust enough for consistent dialing. That said, vortex has taken care of me everytime

I hope you have better luck

Comment

Thanks for the feedback fellas. It’s water under the bridge now as it’s already arrived. I’ll be registering it asap just in case I end up with the same issues.

Comment

Working...
                        X