No announcement yet.

Down sides of 300 BO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats stripped... you can routinely buy regular lowers for under 100 bucks if budget is something you are trying to do on your build.

My builds were FAR from budget builds... I picked the pieces I wanted, found the best price on them and bought em. If I wanted to I could have bought the cheapest part i could find and saved a BUNCH of money.

I built both of these SBR's at the same time and it was ALOT more than most people are willing to spend on SBR's.. But I have the regular 59 dollar lowers.. I wanted to do something different.

Comment

300 ish ^^^^^^

50 ish ^^^

You can spend what you wanna spend.

Comment

Nice,
        Pretty much all I'm looking to do is build a rifle within my budget ($1000 or less) that can accurately and regularly hit the kill zone at 100-125yards. Haven't really decided what caliber I want yet. I love the 6.8 and heard good things on the 300blk. Just haven't really decided. Hogs, yotes, and occasional deer will be the targets

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          I'm shooting supersonic ammo out past 100 on occasion yote hunting. But for the most part my hunting takes place at 100.
          Cool, thanks!
          I'll be happy with that from my SBR

Comment

My son whacked this big ole yote at about 125 yards with my 8" Noveske SBR.

DRT with 110 grain Barnes bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              My son whacked this big ole yote at about 125 yards with my 8" Noveske SBR.

DRT with 110 grain Barnes bullets.
              Nice one!

Comment

Where are you located, bloodstick? If around Houston, Primary Arms in Pearland has killer deals all the time. Heck, they've got an optics ready 556 upper (less BCG and charging handle) for $200 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                  Cool, thanks!
                  I'll be happy with that from my SBR
                  Don't let the short barrel fool you. These things can shoot.

100 yards ^^^ 120 grain OTM remington umc green box.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                    Where are you located, bloodstick? If around Houston, Primary Arms in Pearland has killer deals all the time. Heck, they've got an optics ready 556 upper (less BCG and charging handle) for $200 right now.

I work in The Woodlands. I might have to go check them out soon

Comment

It seems that most failures to kill the animal quickly are due to poor bullet choice. I don't shoot subsonic, so no real feedback there.

Using target, or varmint bullets on a pig is just a poor choice. They are not designed to maintain weight, the bullets are very thin skinned, and often tend to "splatter" on impact. They do a heck of a fine job on coyotes, fox, bobcat, rabbit, coon and even small pigs (under 100 lbs).

I'm loading and shooting the 125gn Nosler Ballistic Tip Hunting bullet, and having pretty good success.

I have shot the Barnes 110gn TAC-TX with tremendous success, and have several on hand to reload.

The Blackout will supposedly ring steel out to 500 yards, pretty easily, I've watched video of people shooting it out to 1,000. I am planning to test this in the coming months (building a shooting tower at my lease). Does it have enough energy to humanely kill at those distances, no; nor would I ever try to.

Comment

Slowly but surely, some companies like Nosler are coming out with heavy expanding .30 bullets meant for the blackout. I have killed quite a few pigs with the 220gr. Sierra's, but you may have to track them. I'll say this, I have AR's in 5.56, 6.8, .308, and 25WSSM, and the .300 blackout is my favorite to shoot.

Comment

My grandson thinks it is the finest think since sliced bread.
                          Killed 3 deer and a hog his first year hunting with it.
                          125 grain Ballistic tips nothing ran over 50 yards
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	thb5.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	24379092

Comment

They are a fantastic round for hunting 200 yards and in.

Buy one.

Don't shoot subs in it at animals. It's dumb and doesn't work well.

I shoot 110vmax or the Barnes ttsx

I've killed elk out of a helicopter with them at 75 yards. One shot to the neck and down.

It drops a lot after 200.

Don't listen to the haters, it's a great gun. I have easily 1500-2000 rounds through my guns. They are all deadly on small to medium size game like deer.

It's a fantastic training rifle for kids also. I built my daughter one and she shoots it regularly 10-20 times with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X