Price of Turkey Hunting Land Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked my land owner several years ago what
    He would charge my friend to come out for 3 days and he said $500. ( 1 hour west of Austin)
    He paid it and shot 2 birds

Comment

We have a lot of turkeys. We have discussed the same thing. I feel the same as one poster did. It isn't worth doing for a small amount. I know $300 for two days and $200 per bird is a lot but land costs a lot and so does liability insurance.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would think the lodging would add alot to the package...Heck a hotel room just about anywhere is over $100/night...and I would much rather be in a camphouse with a fire outside.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
          Do you know what caused such a big population decrease? My place has no turkeys except a couple jakes that show up in spring. I was told there used to be a good population.
          Not really sure. The land owner did tons of clearing, that may be why. We have had more hogs come in, but we probably killed 80 or so this past year.

It definitely is not because of over-hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
            I'm going to south Texas next month for 150 per day and 200-300 kill fee depending on beard length.
            Joking on the beard i assume?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
              Joking on the beard i assume?
              No not at all. The rules state, no jakes only mature gobblers are to killed. Mature being defined as having a 6+ inch beard. Not unreasonable really. I've killed several turkeys over the years and I'm not going to spend 500 dollars to shoot a gobbler with a 6'' beard.

Comment

To clarify, 6''-10'' beard is 200 and over 10'' is 300.

Comment

My brother does a few hunts in London Tx, has lodging, call Richard 713- 502-3348.

Comment

I've paid $600 for a guided Merriams hunt in Colorado - no food or lodging and am going on a $1,500 Osceola hunt this weekend that includes food and lodging. For Rios, I would expect at or below $600 without lodging or food. For Gould's and Osceolas, expect to pay more than $2,000 with lodging.

Comment

Working...
                    X