No announcement yet.

How do you post pictures on this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Paint to resize and save. Then attach.

Comment

Thanks fellas, I might get back to making some knives, but not sure if I could do that and sell on here or post pictures.

Anyway I appreciate all of you who purchased one from me. If you did pictures would be nice.

I got burnt out making them but miss the hobby.

Thanks
      Last edited by Kevin Smith; 02-12-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
        I switched to imgur when photobucket started charging
        Gonna check that out.

Comment

I'm typically pretty good with tech, but even after i resize images to meet the requirements my attachments always fail on this site. I prefer attaching the image to posts instead of using imgur

Comment

Tried Imgur and it worked. Came out a little larger than I’d have preferred but I’m not gonna complain.

Comment

If you want to make sure your pics are not to large, make them no more than 800x600 pixels. Be sure they are within those parameters on both the front end, and back end. And you will have no problems posting them. In other words ie: 450x600, 800x230, 170x343, ext. If they are over 800 on the front end, or over 600 on the back end, then they might post sideways from a desk top. For cell users, TapaTalk Pro has some capabilities to resize. But not always. As does this sight's software if it's real close to those maximum dimensions. It might get truncated a little but not much. Otherwise, get a pillow so you can lay your head down while viewing threads.

I use Windows desk top "Paint" for resizing. And photoshopping in or out of the pics.

TapaTalk Pro does the resizing for me on my cell.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-14-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Last high tech I did was wire an 8 track with speakers in a 54 Ford 2 door

Comment

Is there a way to imbed images from google photos the same way you do from imgur?

Comment

^ Yes, that's how I post pics. In Google photos you create the link for the photo, but you then have to convert that link so that the photo will show up in the post. Otherwise, it just shows up as a link that you have to click on.

There are multiple sites that will convert the link, just do a search...
                    Such as: https://www.labnol.org/embed/google/photos/

Comment

I can’t get them to load either. At least not from my I-pod

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                        ^ Yes, that's how I post pics. In Google photos you create the link for the photo, but you then have to convert that link so that the photo will show up in the post. Otherwise, it just shows up as a link that you have to click on.

There are multiple sites that will convert the link, just do a search...
                        Such as: https://www.labnol.org/embed/google/photos/
                        Thanks. I'll check that out.

Comment

Let me give this a try. From my iPhone I click on the paper clip, add and upload a picture. Hmmmm learned something today. So long tapacrap
                          Attached Files

Comment

I always have a hard time. More often than not it won’t upload.

Comment

On an iphone 10:
                              Take a picture. Screen shot the picture. Resize the screen shot to 9:16 for keeping the viewing size between the lines. Square is on the cusp or slightly over the lines. Load.

I did this for several years when first on TBH...then it got to where I didnt need to do this hokey pokey for about a year or so...now its back to the hokey pokey.

I refuse to use a third party app and Ive never TBHed from a PC.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 02-26-2021, 09:04 AM. Reason: NoTBHPCSpake

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                                Let me give this a try. From my iPhone I click on the paper clip, add and upload a picture. Hmmmm learned something today. So long tapacrap
                                Ok when I do this, this pops up.
                                This jpeg image has the incorrect file extension.
                                I’ve changed the size and still says same thing
                                Any help

Comment

Working...
                                X