2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
    Anyone know anything about the Humminbird Mega Live that is supposed to compete with Livescope? All I could find was that it didn't need a black box and would work with some of the existing graphs.
    To clarify this is not the Humminbird 360. The Mega Live is scheduled to be released in March. Hoping that some of the tournament guys have seen or used this and it really does compete with Livescope. Would save all of us with Humminbirds up front a bunch of money.

MEGA Live Imaging™ Transducer See fish in real-time, in no time. MEGA Live Imaging provides the most impressive live sonar on the water, allowing you to watch fish and structure in real-time, powered by the unmatched detail of MEGA Imaging®. This U.S. Patent Pending technology provides views out, down, and around your boat with absolute clarity, and even allows you to watch fish bite your lure. This accessory transducer mounts to a trolling motor shaft and provides three different live sonar views; Down, Forward and Landscape modes with the included mounting bracket.Features:See fish and structure in real-time, with no gaps in sonar coverage, powered by the unmatched detail and clarity of MEGA Imaging® throughout the entire sonar view.View everything down, out and around your boat with live sonar. Choose from multiple viewing modes; Forward, Down and Landscape, provided by the included trolling motor shaft mount.Keep fish and your lure within sight thanks to MEGA Imaging® detail and an optimized sonar cone angle, providing ample sonar coverage without sacrificing the precision ability to target individual fish.Mark and view waypoints on the MEGA Live Imaging sonar screen to remember productive fishing spots for next time, when paired with an optional GPS receiver with heading sensor (AS GPS HS).Connect MEGA Live Imaging to compatible Humminbird models via the included Ethernet cable. There is no external sonar box required for installation, allowing for the connection of optional sonar source like MEGA 360 Imaging® or Built-in MEGA Imaging® to the same control head.Compatible Humminbird control heads: HELIX 8-15 G3N & G4N models with MEGA Imaging®, All SOLIX® models, and All APEX™ models.For optimal sonar performance, it is recommended that MEGA Live Imaging be used with any Minn Kota® Ultrex™ trolling motor or a Minn Kota® Fortrex® trolling motor equipped with Built-in MEGA Imaging®Includes: MEGA Live Imaging transducer with adjustable mounting bracket, 10' power cable, 20' Ethernet cable and mounting hardware.Trolling motor and MEGA 360 Imaging accessories not included.1-Year Limited WarrantyCompatible Humminbird models:HELIX 8-15 G3N & G4N models with MEGA Imaging®All SOLIX modelsAll APEX models Manufacturer : Humminbird Manufacturer Part No : 710304-1 UPC : 082324055812

Comment

This is probably about the longest I’ve been without fishing! It’s been 3 weeks I think? Tough out there today! Couple over 2 witty big fish of 2.44 but not near enough!! Feels good to be back on the water though. Work tomorrow and fish a couple days and repeat!!

Comment

Hope the winds die down on LOP for Saturday! Go get em slew!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          I thought my 3.2lb crappie was a gooden....but I told my coworker from Louisiana and he said that isn't big enough to shake a stick at. Why is it we don't get them upwards of 5lbs here in Texas like they do in other states?
          Most the people I meet that catch 3 pounders all the time don’t have a scale. I would imagine the 5 pound folks do too. Hell the world record was 5 something I think caught out a pond in Tennessee 2 years ago. 3.2 is a stud! There’s old *** men that have crappiecfished their whole lives gonna go to their grave not catching one that big!

Comment

My truck engine gave up over the Christmas holidays, with 278k on a 350ic that's nver been rebuilt. So, I haven't been out to do anything outdoors. My little car ain't big enough to put my game cart in to deer hunt public land on foot. And it certainly ain't big enough to pull my boat.

I did hire an engine builder over the holidays, to build an LS 5.3 to replace that old wore out 5.7. I'm not sure the old truck is going to know how to act once it has 125-150 more HP than the rated 210 it came with, from a basically stock and built to factory spec 5.3 with mild cam.

I've been looking for a temp replacement truck in the mean time so I can still get out till I get the old white truck back on the road. I may have found one. But it's still going to be 2 more weeks before I can get out in it~! (pulling my hair out ). And since I didn't get to deer hunt this year because of the way life went, I'm going to bust ducks the last two weekends of the season so I can have something else besides chicken, turkey and fish all year. I had to give up store bought pork and beef. But wild game is OK in limited portions. Saltwater fish is very limited, no more shell fish of any kind. But most freshwater are good, Thank you Lord Father!

Come Feb though, I'll be on the fish!~! (I hope )

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              Most the people I meet that catch 3 pounders all the time don’t have a scale. I would imagine the 5 pound folks do too. Hell the world record was 5 something I think caught out a pond in Tennessee 2 years ago. 3.2 is a stud! There’s old *** men that have crappiecfished their whole lives gonna go to their grave not catching one that big!
              It might be me[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Saltwater: Very corrosive
                Freshwater: It's not!

Saltwater: Can give you a virus that will kill you
                Freshwater: No such thing

Saltwater: All the fish have big FN teeth
                Freshwater: Small at best

Saltwater: You feel really nasty at the end of the day
                Freshwater: Like a fresh spring day

Saltwater: When you Wade fish you have to shuffle your feet are you could get stabbed with a fish
                Freshwater: This doesn't apply to freshwater

I hope this helps change your mind[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Freshwater=high fence
                Saltwater=low fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  Thanks..gonna keep trying my urban crappie hole to hit 3 again.

Comment

I plan to try my hand at Crappies this year my trolling motor and HDS units cost more than my boat just need to figure out how to get started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Thanks..gonna keep trying my urban crappie hole to hit 3 again.
                      Guy I know in DFW catches some big ones out of the neighborhood ponds. Good luck!!

Comment

I still feel like I’m bouncing up and down! What a brutal day. We only caught 12 fish today but managed 13.74 on 7 and that was good enough for 3rd place. Got 2 good fish tangled in trees that got off today and had 2 others just come off. Rescheduled Fridays trip to wind and cancelled tomorrow’s. 2021 isn’t starting out too well on that side! I’ve cancelled or rescheduled every trip so far because of wind!

Comment

We managed a few today. Not any big ones but I doubt we’ll ever see any big ones again. Long story.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                            We managed a few today. Not any big ones but I doubt we’ll ever see any big ones again. Long story.

Those all black crappie?

Comment

Yes sir. My mom and her husband only take out like 10 a year so they’re likely overpopulated. But either want to talk about how to manage the pond effectively. In their minds, they want numbers so the kids can catch lots of fish. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                                Yes sir. My mom and her husband only take out like 10 a year so they’re likely overpopulated. But either want to talk about how to manage the pond effectively. In their minds, they want numbers so the kids can catch lots of fish. Oh well.

That's almost like antler restrictions, for fish.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X