Euro tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro tree

Ok I’m not very good at building anything but overall I’m pleased with how it turned out. Been kicking around ideas in my head for a while mostly how to do the base and attaching the post to the base. I found a cedar tree with a fork in it I liked. Wished I had cut a little longer but I made it work.
    Stripped the bark off, sanded down some of the rough edges and then put some sealer on it.

Put mount on the bad side just see see how it was gonna look.
    For the base I used cedar 2x4 for the frame 18x21in
    Then used cedar 2x6 for the top of the base.

I used 2 5 1/2in lag bolts to attach the pole to the base.

I used 3 1/2in corner brackets to attach the horns to the pole. They fit good in the hole in the back of the skull. Just bend them to an angle you like for your mount.
    The bolts in the back are to work like a backstop. Works ok but I still may drill a hole further up and use a little taller screw.
    Finished up I was happy given my skills lol
    If I did it again I’d mount the pole farther back instead of centering it so it would be closer to the wall.

I need to figure what I want to put on the base was thinking few cool rocks from the lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome....made my own also. I like “euro trees”

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Nice

Comment

Looks great!!

Had a TBHr’s son make one for me last year. Almost got it full and will have to do another one.

Comment

Very cool!I like it.

Comment

Man, I like that a lot!

Comment

Looks very nice.

Comment

This looks great. I think you’ve chosen exactly the right scale for the number of mounts you’ve included. Really looks good.

Comment

Great job! That is neat!

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                      Looks great!!

Had a TBHr’s son make one for me last year. Almost got it full and will have to do another one.
                      You promised me pictures!

Comment

Looks really nice. Made one myself a few years ago. I think it is a great way to display your euros.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Feel free to post pics of yours I like to see other ideas for the future something I could improve on mine.

Comment

Here is the one I did for mine. If I had to do it all over again I would have done a few things different. Like figuring out where I was going to put it first. LOL.....the door hits it when it opens. I did not strip mine I just cleared over it and the bark stays pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                              Here is the one I did for mine. If I had to do it all over again I would have done a few things different. Like figuring out where I was going to put it first. LOL.....the door hits it when it opens. I did not strip mine I just cleared over it and the bark stays pretty well.

I like that. How did you attach to the base?

Comment

Working...
                              X