Modern Farmhouse Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Farmhouse Build

Figured I’d chronicle the build of our new home here since I’ve enjoyed following others builds over the years. The lot is a little over an acre and west of Austin. Permitting is all in place, just waiting on the bank loan to close and we can hit the ground running. Hoping to start on the foundation in the next 2 weeks.

Here’s some photos of the lot after we closed, after it was cleared, and a rendering of the design. Hoping the few oaks I was able to save will take off now that they aren’t being choked out by all the cedar.

I’ll be GCing the build myself and doing some of the work along the way to build some sweat equity. Should be in for some fun.

Looks like a beautiful place for a home. I bet the foundation there will last a long time sitting on all that rock. We are also talking about building a home on our east Tx land, but we have decided to see what lumber prices do with the spike in price recently.

Comment

following

Comment

That country looks familiar. Following and good luck!

Comment

Very nice. Going to be fun to follow. Where exactly are you guys building?

Comment

Looks like maybe Serene Hills? Lakeway?

Sweet Lot

Comment

Tuned in for this one! Going to be good

Comment

I just built one so I’ll be follwing along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                  Looks like a beautiful place for a home. I bet the foundation there will last a long time sitting on all that rock. We are also talking about building a home on our east Tx land, but we have decided to see what lumber prices do with the spike in price recently.
                  Being in the residential construction industry, I've been following lumber prices pretty closely. I'm pretty certain that consumer pricing has peaked and should start falling again in the next few weeks. Dont know if it will get back down to where it was but Random Length Futures pricing is down ~40% from its peak. Just will take a little bit for those prices to reach the end consumer. I'm hoping by the time I get to framing that they've fallen a little bit.

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                  Very nice. Going to be fun to follow. Where exactly are you guys building?
                  Originally posted by Cedar Chopper View Post
                  Looks like maybe Serene Hills? Lakeway?

Sweet Lot
                  We are on the far west side of the Oak Hill area near the intersection of Circle Drive and Thomas Springs Road. We love how quiet it is back in our development.

The back 2/3rds of the lot is a drainage easement which guarantees us privacy in the back of our home, I'm planning on getting down there and doing some hand clearing to create myself an archery range. Hopefully I can stretch it out to about 70 yards.

Comment

Awesome i grew up off of Circle Dr and Mowinkle what a great location. My brother still lives off of Sam Carter Dr. Must be in the overlook? Awesome look forward to following. I’m in the industry too I work for a builder in Lakeway and just finished GCing our home in Spicewood out off of River Rd. In Pedernales Bend. Good Luck hope all goes well.

Comment

I have an acquaintance that works for Boise Cascade and she said to wait until November and you should see prices start falling. I have no idea why November but the prices are out of this world right now.

Comment

Congrats. Will be following along on this one. I wish Pflugerville looked like that area does!

Comment

The house design looks great. I can't wait to see it finished. Kinda unusual design from what you would see today. I really like it.

Comment

Going to be nice. I am an appraiser in the Austin area. If you need anything let me know. I will help out if I can.

Comment

That looks awesome, sub'd.

Comment

Working...
                              X