Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    How do you make sure the posts are perfectly upright when you concrete them in?

That may seem obvious to some of you extremely capable folks, but I am not, so I'm curious.

Couple more options that can be got at Lowe's or Home Depot:

The one I have:

Comment

14 post to go! Should have all of them set by dark and level off tomorrow afternoon!
      Attached Files

Comment

Post set!
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by OKBOWHUNTER View Post
            Looking good
            Thank you!

Comment

Too stinkin hot for a beard!

Dirt mounds leveled. Quitting time!!!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

I might have missed it how much crawl space do you plan to have under the house? When we built my folks, we built it a little higher so that way when older its a little easier crawling underneath to fix the odd and end things.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                  I might have missed it how much crawl space do you plan to have under the house? When we built my folks, we built it a little higher so that way when older its a little easier crawling underneath to fix the odd and end things.
                  3'. My personal home is 4' and more than plenty.

Comment

How do you ensure the posts stay plumb while the cement dries? Is it necessary to brace them or does the concrete set fairly quick?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      How do you ensure the posts stay plumb while the cement dries? Is it necessary to brace them or does the concrete set fairly quick?
                      I pack it and leave it. Mainly dry mix on bottom, pack it and then thick cement on top. Key is to not get it too wet. Moisture in the ground takes care of the bottom and what soaks through from top mix. No need to brace anything from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        3'. My personal home is 4' and more than plenty.
                        That should be plenty for sure.

Comment

Dang, I'm tired just from looking at an internet picture of all those holes. This should be a cool build to follow along.

Comment

The only real important question is do you have any single sisters?? JK

It has to be a feeling of great satisfaction coming home to something that you built yourself. Awesome work please keep the progress/pics rolling
                            Last edited by Pedernal; 06-02-2018, 03:38 AM.

Comment

All I can say is wow! In for the rest of this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate construction so building a house sounds like torture to me, but nice work man. I am looking forward to following your progress. I worked as a laborer in my younger days and I have also helped friends on a couple houses. But at this stage of my life, I want turn key houses .

So are you just a control freak and don't want the BIL helping or is he a slacker?

Comment

Working...
                                X