A new set of hexagon ground blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new set of hexagon ground blinds

Getting started on another set of ground blinds. Mostly the same as my previous blinds but I will assemble them at shop and then haul and set them. I have raised the threshold on my entry door, so I can bury them a little deeper in the ground. Last set, I made as modular panels and assembled them after I dug the hole. Hauling will be a bigger chore but assembly should work better. Will be building 8 and will post as progress is made.
    Attached Files

What length are you cutting the studs to make the hexagon ? I'm getting ready to build one myself

Comment

I'm glad to see you at it again Bodey, I love those blinds!

Comment

thing looks serious! great work

Comment

I'm using 3x5 foot sheets of Hardie backer board for walls. All my horizontals are 36inches with a 30degree cut on each end. 2x4 on bottom and 2x2 on top. Verticals are 2x4 studs cut 55 inches long but they have a 30 degree rip on each side, to tie the panels together with the proper angle. Everything is glued with liquid nails and staled with neumatic staples.

Comment

Awesome!!!!

I love these type blinds....Enjoyed helping y'all set up the last ones.
            Last edited by Bone Thug; 08-08-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

What will be your overall width ?

Comment

Following closely I'm going to attempt to build one of these this week

Comment

62.5 inches flat side to flat side and 72 inches corner to corner. Plenty of room to sit two regular sized folks. Will be working on roofs tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks .

Comment

How much does that weigh when finished?

Comment

Completed 8 bodies and cut rough openings for windows and doors. Installing wood frames for windows and laying out Masonite roof triangles to serve as base for fiberglass skin.
                        Attached Files

Comment

another pic
                          Attached Files

Comment

Somebody please tell me why pics turn out sideways and upside down. I'm sorry you have to stand on your head to view my pics.

Comment

Here you go Bodey....

Comment

Working...
                              X