2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turnkey View Post
    That's awesome. Bet it will make a great mount.

Yep my first cat dropped it off at the taxidermist yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting back at it Saturday! Maybe I'll be in the right spot at the right time on one of these boys! This scrape has been getting hit pretty hard.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice bucks Troy. Hope you get one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
          Nice bucks Troy. Hope you get one of them!
          Thanks brother, I'm trying!

Comment

Nice Troy!

First one looks a a tad narrow or is that the angle?

Comment

Why doe LBJ not show up on TPWD public hunting map?

Comment

Originally posted by mschlott View Post
                Why doe LBJ not show up on TPWD public hunting map?

Because the TPWD hunting map lists APH (Annual Public Hunting) lands, and LBJ is not in that program. It is under the exclusive management of the USFS. Kind of how they don’t list Army Corps land unless it is leased to the state for a park or APH access.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                  Because the TPWD hunting map lists APH (Annual Public Hunting) lands, and LBJ is not in that program. It is under the exclusive management of the USFS. Kind of how they don’t list Army Corps land unless it is leased to the state for a park or APH access.

I suspected as much. I'm guessing since the Ladonia and Bios D Arc are not mentioned here that the hunting is not that great.

Where can I find definitive information on hunting LBJ. Information is hard to find and incomplete on the Forest Service web site.

Comment

I suspected as much. I'm guessing since the Ladonia and Bios D Arc are not mentioned here that the hunting is not that great.

Where can I find definitive information on hunting LBJ. Information is hard to find and incomplete on the Forest Service web site.

Also, for specific questions, call the office at LBJ. They are very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                      https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/texas...fswdev3_008440

Also, for specific questions, call the office at LBJ. They are very helpful.

Thanks Ikeman, that's the page I found as well. Was hoping for some more detailed maps like TPWD has with roads and gate locations and such. I'll give them a call this week.

Comment

Thanks Ikeman, that's the page I found as well. Was hoping for some more detailed maps like TPWD has with roads and gate locations and such. I'll give them a call this week.

Stop by the office in Decatur. The map is $10

Comment

Looks like I might get to hunt everyday next week. God is great and people are crazy! Whoa [emoji1018] [emoji1018]

Comment

I hunt (more like campout) up there at Caddo every year. It is not as good as LBJ. Not many [emoji203],🦌,[emoji883],[emoji240], [emoji250] or [emoji235] up there at all! [emoji41]

Comment

Excited about this cool/cold front coming through! I’m gonna be sitting up in the trees on Wednesday after the rain and hope to pin an 8 pointer that I’ve been seeing on my camera. Hoping that he’ll pattern back in to his food source once the rain dies off and gives him a chance to feed again.

Comment

Anybody ever use a tree saddle? Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X