No announcement yet.

2022 Texas Drought approaching 2011 levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m running soaker hoses around the foundation of my home.

Comment

I’m feeling it’s Setting the table for some hurricanes, them gulf waters gotta be heating up big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We dug out the tank when in went dry in 2011. There’s 30 foot of water in there now. I don’t think we are near 2011 levels yet. But maaaaaan could we use some rain.

Comment

Originally posted by jonate98 View Post
          I’m feeling it’s Setting the table for some hurricanes, them gulf waters gotta be heating up big time!

Won’t do much if that stupid Saharan dust keeps pushing across. They are calling for another wave of dust next week

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
            We dug out the tank when in went dry in 2011. There’s 30 foot of water in there now. I don’t think we are near 2011 levels yet. But maaaaaan could we use some rain.
            Where are you located? I’ve hunted West Texas for about 14 years and that included the 2011 drought. We are dang close from what I remember that being like out that way.

Comment

Made the news...

The NWS warns Texans we are on the way to repeating a drought in 2011 that brought multiple wildfires and a water shortage.

Comment

The only thing marginally good about a drought for me is that the hunting should be good on my lease this year. We have four tanks on our place that all go to ground water so they’ve never gone dry and the Trinity river borders our place. In a drought, we are one of the few places that has any water so it really draws the wildlife in. But I would rather have a mediocre season for some good rain.

Comment

Pray for rain

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    The only thing marginally good about a drought for me is that the hunting should be good on my lease this year. We have four tanks on our place that all go to ground water so they’ve never gone dry and the Trinity river borders our place. In a drought, we are one of the few places that has any water so it really draws the wildlife in. But I would rather have a mediocre season for some good rain.
                    Same for us. We have 2 huge lakes and irrigated tanks all over the ranch. Other than that the place looks like a desert and we need rain bad. We are holding more deer than usual because of the water we have but man it looks bad.

Comment

bad shape in McCulloch county

Comment

Worst year since they've been keeping records in Maverick County.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post

We were wet in 2021, we were already dry in 2010

Comment

When it does start raining hopefully soon, it will not stop for a while. Seems to always be that way after a drought. Feast or famine

Comment

Kimble

What is it like in southern kimble? How is the south llano? Havt had time to get out there in a while

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                Is anyone privy to the long(er) term forecasts are calling for? Like into August, September and into the fall?
                                Try this link:

US Drought Monitor - Outlooks

Play around on the web site. They has a comparison map that you plug the dates and slide the bar across the state. It was pretty neat to go back to 209, 2010, etc. and slide to compare to current conditions.

Comment

Working...
                                X