No announcement yet.

2022 Texas Drought approaching 2011 levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I just have four cows and purchased 22 more round bales. Thanks for this to keep our eyes open

Comment

My place in weimar looks bout as bad as it did in 2011. Pond is low, grass is just burnt. Don't even have cows and it looks terrible. I feel for you guys with livestock.

Comment

I've been watching the Texas River systems as usual. The lakes on the Colorado are in pretty bad shape. The Brazos system is all low with many of the smaller lakes really showing just how much. The Trinity peojects are a bit low. But most of the lakes can survive with what they have now. Some are still releaseing water even though they are low. Canyon, on the Guadalupe, is getting lower. But minute amounts of water are still being released to keep the current and system flushed. East Texas has it the best right now.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          I've been watching the Texas River systems as usual. The lakes on the Colorado are in pretty bad shape. The Brazos system is all low with many of the smaller lakes really showing just how much. The Trinity peojects are a bit low. But most of the lakes can survive with what they have now. Some are still releaseing water even though they are low. Canyon, on the Guadalupe, is getting lower. But minute amounts of water are still being released to keep the current and system flushed. East Texas has it the best right now.

Is Toledo Bend down a lot?

Comment

Luckily we are not as bad off here in East Tx as other parts of the state
            One other thing to factor on big mature trees around your homes if they die or start looking dead Id cut them down
            Once we get fall transition weather with high winds those dead trees will start dropping large limbs or topple into structures, vehicles or homes
            With market value of homes & insurance premiums & cost to repair or replace is gonna further hit the pocket book

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              TB is down 2.13 feet. But it's also not listed on the ACE District website for river water activity. There is a cumulative report done for most bodies of water in the state. It is updated once every 24 hours. Not in real time reports like what can be got from the ACE District sight. ACE manages lots of projects. But has a primary objective of flood control on major rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                In 2011 that wreaked havoc on the hardwood timber in east texas and made them susceptible to disease in the years after. We lost a ton of mature oaks n 2013-14 because of it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to stay ahead of that with the trees around my house with mineral or fertilizer supplements?

Soaker hoses around the trees at the drip line

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  TB is down 2.13 feet. But it's also not listed on the ACE District website for river water activity. There is a cumulative report done for most bodies of water in the state. It is updated once every 24 hours. Not in real time reports like what can be got from the ACE District sight. ACE manages lots of projects. But has a primary objective of flood control on major rivers.

You can go here https://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv/?site_no=08025350 for info on Toledo. It updates every 6hours if I recall correctly

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                    Luckily we are not as bad off here in East Tx as other parts of the state
                    One other thing to factor on big mature trees around your homes if they die or start looking dead Id cut them down
                    Once we get fall transition weather with high winds those dead trees will start dropping large limbs or topple into structures, vehicles or homes
                    With market value of homes & insurance premiums & cost to repair or replace is gonna further hit the pocket book
                    Would you come over and cut this one on the edge of my yard ? I just remarked last week to my wife that the post oak out there looked pretty sick, and this morning I noticed all the leaves were yellow.

I did some mowing this morning in back and all the native browse is withered up. The leaves on my American Beautyberries look like a canoe !

Comment

Worse than 2011 at my place in Dimmit. Going on 9 months w less than 2"
                      100-105 degrees everyday is just brutal
                      Going to find out how much of an impact protein & cottonseed has on antler growth.
                      Most of the young cedar elms, hackberry, persimmon, & guajillo on south end of my ranch never put on leaves & alot of the trees appear to be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                        Not even close to where it was in 2011. It is right about where it usually is this time of year.

Comment

Looks like most of the East Texas lakes are still doing fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                            You can go here https://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv/?site_no=08025350 for info on Toledo. It updates every 6hours if I recall correctly
                            Yah, USGS gets thier info from ACE. I do use the USGS site for various reasons. Sometimes water is one of them.

A simple Texas site for most water bodies in Texas. It's updated every 24hrs from various sources.

ACE Ft Worth District river release reports per project with project info.

I've got a bunch of other sites bookmark on my desktop that I don't have access to at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              Hay gonna be high dollar this year, I might get one cuttin off my field and it won't amount to much. I hate this type of weather cause it brings on bad flooding later on.

I got a bumper crop of Mustang grapes that are right sweet but they dry out on the vines real quick. Got more Mesquite beans than normal this year too. Not one of my food plots sprouted either, 500.00 in seed wasted.
                              I just got 34 bales off my 10 acre place and the guy that bales said he can sell them tomorrow for $50/bale but could get $75/bale if I held onto them another month. I dont fertilize and I dont spray. Primarily a tax write off and help out family members giving them cheap hay. Hopefully I get another cut and can pay for some of this deer lease feed bill

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                Would you come over and cut this one on the edge of my yard ? I just remarked last week to my wife that the post oak out there looked pretty sick, and this morning I noticed all the leaves were yellow.

I did some mowing this morning in back and all the native browse is withered up. The leaves on my American Beautyberries look like a canoe !
                                I need some fire wood
                                My dang saw though needs sharpening

Comment

Working...
                                X