White bass………are delicious!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
    Take a filet, season with whatever you like. Then coat the filet with ranch dressing on one side. Grill it on med-high heat. Sweet baby Jesus.
    BL are you talking about ranch out of a bottle or dry seasoning in a pouch?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

Has to be the dry seasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I have fried white bass and "tricked" people into thinking it was something else. They will always ask the species and I just say it's something like catfish, or crappie, or black bass, ect. They will inevitably talk about how they hate white bass, blah blah blah... And then they go back for seconds, and thirds. I've also heard the "ya they are ok if eaten fresh, but they suck if you freeze them" argument. That's just as false. They are dang good to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
          I can't tell you how many times I have fried white bass and "tricked" people into thinking it was something else. They will always ask the species and I just say it's something like catfish, or crappie, or black bass, ect. They will inevitably talk about how they hate white bass, blah blah blah... And then they go back for seconds, and thirds. I've also heard the "ya they are ok if eaten fresh, but they suck if you freeze them" argument. That's just as false. They are dang good to eat.
          Don’t get upset , we just funnin!

Comment

Years ago I was invited to a bbq with the main attraction being pork and venison. The venison was ok but the pork was awesome. Went back for seconds and possibly 3rds I don’t remember. Then I found out the the pork was really armadillo. I would do it again.

Comment

Have done the same thing. If you know what your doing they are great. The whole family loves them.

Comment

Years ago I was invited to a bbq with the main attraction being pork and venison. The venison was ok but the pork was awesome. Went back for seconds and possibly 3rds I don’t remember. Then I found out the the pork was really armadillo. I would do it again.

Armadilla??!!!

Wow. Well, now I want to try them lol.

Comment

Real old E Tx African American man at work invited me to a pulled pork sandwich he brought in for his shop crew. Amazing. They were all laughing as it was Coon. Little did they know I eat squirrel haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

all this talk about sandies - well it prompted me to cook some up for supper tonight!

Comment

White bass, black bass or crappie all get the grease treatment! Team ziplock!!

Comment

Ranch in a bottle. I use this recipe on many fish filets. Some magic happens and you do not taste the ranch after the fish is cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          Ranch in a bottle. I use this recipe on many fish filets. Some magic happens and you do not taste the ranch after the fish is cooked.
                          Are you Sure it isn’t in reverse?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                            Are you Sure it isn’t in reverse?
                            Positive!

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                              all this talk about sandies - well it prompted me to cook some up for supper tonight!

Lol.

Comment

Whites are excellent table fare and so are the green ones...

Comment

Working...
                                X