Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thursday Afternoon Version...What Happened Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Afternoon Version...What Happened Here?

I've received a couple of PM's asking for the latest episode, so here it is. Shot this 80 pounder on 5/29. I did not like what I saw on rewind of the video.

Soooo...what do ya'll think happened? Recovery? No recovery? Were my eyes playing tricks on me? Good blood? No blood? Still running or dead in 20? Looks too dang high to me. Or was it?

Let's hear your opinion. Head was Gravedigger Hybrid

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHif8DU0_sA"]05/29/22 River Boar - YouTube[/ame]

I'm going to say, little blood because no pass thru, but dead in 40 yards.

Comment

He dead.

Elevated shot. Arrow penetrated all the way and tore up a bunch of stuff. Spotty blood until he broke the arrow off. Dead in 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

tough to say. Shot was high, but so was the shooters height. Downward angle. May have got the far side lung. amybe both. figure he didn't run more than a 100 yards.

Comment

Shot is definitely a little high and I prefer a little farther back to assure lungs but…….I see a dead pig if not pushed inside 100 yards with a very light blood trail. Thanks for showing. Been a little boring lately.

After second review that shot isn’t as high as I thought. Pigs on the smoker I bet while your playin with us.
          Last edited by Gumbo Man; 06-09-2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Shot is definitely a little high and I prefer a little farther back to assure lungs but…….I see a dead pig if not pushed inside 100 yards with a very light blood trail. Thanks for showing. Been a little boring lately.

After second review that shot isn’t as high as I thought. Pigs on the smoker I bet while your playin with us.
            Y'all feel free to give 2 or 3 answers like GM!!

He's probably still not right.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
              He dead.

Elevated shot. Arrow penetrated all the way and tore up a bunch of stuff. Spotty blood until he broke the arrow off. Dead in 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              beat me to it

Comment

Goner...leaked out quick.

Comment

He dead. That arrow was coming down at a pretty steep angle. Probable had a decent blood trail too.

Comment

Death 40 yds good blood

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m thinking….No recovery and tough blood trail.
                      Hope I’m wrong….

Comment

Ok my second guess. You burnt the pig on the smoker while spending too much time on the internet messing with our heads. What do I win?

Comment

Dead pig within 50 yards is my guess. Thanks for posting. Enjoy your videos.

Comment

I'ma gonna say because of the head you had some blood on the exit side. You got plenty of arrow in and out. Just not a pass through. Hit is in the upper 1/3rd of the body. Top of the lung, maybe. Shaft is gonna inhibit the blood through both holes though. But still gonna spotty bleed enough to track in daylight hours with that head. As to how far, that depends on how long it took the lungs to fill up. Smaller pigs with that head shouldn't have taken to long. I'ma gonna say you found it . If not, call me next time.

Comment

Only reason no passthru is arra stuck in the ground on the off side. Dead pig. Plenty blood and short track.

Comment

Working...
                              X