Need your help. Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
    Apply rub liberally, put in pellet smoker fat side down on 250* with meat thermometer stuck in the point, don’t open the lid again until the probe reads 203*. You will get many responses, but coming from someone who has pellet smoked ~300 briskets over the past few years, this is the way.

No spritzing, no wrapping, just smoke it. If you’re lookin’, you ain’t cookin’.

This is how I do mine and they come out great. I do inject mine with beef broth before putting on the pit.

Comment

Was the grade of meat ever mentioned? I would inject the dog out of it. I use Kosmos brisket injections.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
        Good luck bud.
        I’d move that probe a little to the right. You want it right where the point begins.
        Well, that’s how I do it anyway, and maybe that’s where your point begins. Hard to tell by that pic.
        But I’ve learned that everybody cooks different and if it works for you, then go for it. I’ve seen so many arguments on the Facebook BBQ groups that I’m on because some think their way is the only way to do it.
        Main this is to learn YOUR pit and improve on every piece of meat you cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Thanks is that better never new exactly where to put it ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
          Thanks is that better never new exactly where to put it ?

That’s where I put mine. [emoji106]

Comment

For you guys cooking crawfish this weekend save some of the boil, strain it and inject your brisket. Pretty good!

Comment

JP, I never cooked a brisket until Tina bought me a Traeger.
              I don't care what anyone says, no one has ever refused my brisket.

I don't do temperature, I do time.

Fat side up.
              4 hours on smoke (185 degrees)
              Turn it up to 225
              6 hours at 225
              Wrap in paper or foil for 2 more hours at 225

I never spray it. In fact, I don't touch it until I wrap it.

I've read so many different ways, but this one has never failed me.

Comment

No need to wrap, just smoke it till it’s probe tender.

You knew your other ones weren’t ready when you took them off probing tough…

Comment

I got that apron. Lol

Yep, still to hot for you!

Comment

Is this correct? Been on for 2 hours
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      JP, I never cooked a brisket until Tina bought me a Traeger.
                      I don't care what anyone says, no one has ever refused my brisket.

I don't do temperature, I do time.

Fat side up.
                      4 hours on smoke (185 degrees)
                      Turn it up to 225
                      6 hours at 225
                      Wrap in paper or foil for 2 more hours at 225

I never spray it. In fact, I don't touch it until I wrap it.

I've read so many different ways, but this one has never failed me.
                      Yes read all kind of different ways. This time I’m going fat side down and not opening till 203 or so.

Comment

I use claudes brisjet marinade and fiesta brisket rub. Marinate overnight.

Set smoke on low(160-180) for 5-6 hours. Crank to 250. Wrap at 160 and put leftover marinade in with it. Not a ton. I put a probe in each side. Sideways not from the top. I pull at 198-200. Then it rests. Super good.

I buy packer style cheap briskets. I don’t trim much at all. And I cook fat side up.

Cooked a bunch of em on my old treager. I’m trying my first on my new Recteq tomorrow. Will see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          Yep, still to hot for you!

I’ve given her plenty chances to kick me to the curb. She won’t do it. I guess because I love to cook. But she likes doing dishes and I don’t, so I’ll keep her around for a little longer.

Comment

I’ve given her plenty chances to kick me to the curb. She won’t do it. I guess because I love to cook. But she likes doing dishes and I don’t, so I’ll keep her around for a little longer.

She’s a Cowboys fan too so you have that piece of awesome going on for you as well!!

Comment

I've found that you can cook 'em at 275-300 also. I've done several this way and couldn't tell a difference from the 225-250 ones. I think we overthink this. Season like you like it, put on plenty of good clean smoke and heat, and get it done. I like mine salty with plenty of bark and fat. Even bad brisket is better than no brisket.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post
                                I've found that you can cook 'em at 275-300 also. I've done several this way and couldn't tell a difference from the 225-250 ones. I think we overthink this. Season like you like it, put on plenty of good clean smoke and heat, and get it done. I like mine salty with plenty of bark and fat. Even bad brisket is better than no brisket.

So true. A lot of folks cook hot and fast with the same results….just a faster cook time.

Comment

Working...
                                X