Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250 savage?

Comment

I’m going the other direction and am starting to look for a single shot H&R (sbr) 12” 300 blackout with a custom 1:5 twist barrel. I’m a big fan of the AAC handy rifle, but want a short, and 1:5 twist barrel for shooting and stabilizing 190gr + subs, and still be able to shoot supers

Jason Slocum

Comment

A suppressed 6.5 is definitely what I'll be building for my oldest when its time for his first.

Comment

If your range isn’t going past 200 yards, I would look heavily at the wimpy little 300 blk. 110’s in a 16” barrel are perfect for Texas deer and pigs as well as the recoil is so minimal, the little ones won’t develop a flinch.

Comment

My 6 year old has already killed three deer with a 300blk SBR.

Comment

Is it done yet? What’s taking so long?

Comment

AR10 in 6.5CM

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Is it done yet? What’s taking so long?

Ain’t that the truth! The anticipation is killing me already!
                  I’m just glad he keeps cs stocks on order and had all the other components on hand.

The gun will end up doubling as my truck gun and kids gun on game. I’m definitely more excited than the kids right now but I’m sure in a few years they will appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
                    I’m just glad he keeps cs stocks on order and had all the other components on hand.

The gun will end up doubling as my truck gun and kids gun on game. I’m definitely more excited than the kids right now but I’m sure in a few years they will appreciate it
                    There it is! Truth comes out. Use the kids as an excuse to build

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      I'm a big fan of the 257 Roberts...whole lotta folks have killed their first deer with my great grandmother's 722 which was cut down.
                      this or even the 250 savage. aka 250-3000

Comment

I would do a 7M-08 or a 260, 6.5-284

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          There it is! Truth comes out. Use the kids as an excuse to build
                          80% of the time, it works every time.

Well I really wanted to get them a short rifle and I wanted a truck gun.. so I said what the heck let’s just combined them and make one really awesome build that would do double duty.

I’m sure it will be in my truck most of the time. I might let the kids look at it every now and then lol

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post

Now that sounds like an outstanding excuse to build a gun

Comment

Get a bolt action 300 blk. You can’t beat it especially if you go suppressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jack12 View Post
                                Get a bolt action 300 blk. You can’t beat it especially if you go suppressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Can’t beat it unless you use nearly any other caliber known to man

Had to. Lol

When my daughter is ready for a center fire it’s game on lol. Waiting to hear your thoughts on the CS. They don’t look comfy to me and I’m scared to spend that and not like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X