Kids rifle build opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
    What are the specs on that cs? Elite shell and DBM with mini chassis?

Also are the inlets as specific as they say on manners website regarding the action or do all 700 clones work for the most part?
    Standard shell, Rem 700 footprint, non mini chassis, cut for M5 BDM. The only change I had to make was a slight inlet for the side bolt release.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      While I’m not a 308 fan....it’s hard to beat the efficiency of it in a short barrel. Roll 110-125 grain bullets and let em eat.

6 creed. 7-08. Both would be good. Or a 22 creed or fast twist 22-250.

Grendel is best suited for a gas gun. Way better options for bolt actions.
      This. Also I think my .308 bolt has less recoil and is way more quiet suppressed than my Grendel suppressed.

Comment

I actually have a 260 and 6.5x284 for that very reason! Only reason the 6.5 bun is popular is because of marketing.

Your buddy’s creed is getting it out of an 18” barrel. That’s pretty impressive. Automatic sniper lol

I might have to take you up on that one day. We aren’t but about an hour apart and we can stretch it out pretty good around here.

Are you liking the switch lug? Is it as repeatable as they claim? And is it a pain to have to re adjust your scope after switching barrels or not too bad?
        I really don’t swap the barrels hardly ever. But it did repeat. In fact, I had the entire gun taken apart. Scope off. Action by itself. Barrel off. Slapped it all back together and torqued the action screws and it was sighted in perfectly.

Comment

22-250, or 250-3000, make it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            Standard shell, Rem 700 footprint, non mini chassis, cut for M5 BDM. The only change I had to make was a slight inlet for the side bolt release.
            Good deal. Well if you come across another CS I’d be interested in buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I really don’t swap the barrels hardly ever. But it did repeat. In fact, I had the entire gun taken apart. Scope off. Action by itself. Barrel off. Slapped it all back together and torqued the action screws and it was sighted in perfectly.
              That’s pretty good. I was maybe considering a switch lug on this rifle but that’s a ways off. Have to find a stock first

Comment

Good deal. Well if you come across another CS I’d be interested in buying it.
                You can order a CS from Manners as the price varies from $759 for a plain Jane, no frills added stock, to $1600 for all the bells and whistles. You occasionally see them for sale "used", as prices range from $950 to $1200 depending on options. When priced around $950, they don't last long. The most common versions FS that I run across are the TAC elite shell with the Gen 1 or 2 chassis DBM.

Comment

22-250. My daughter loves it.

Comment

Yeah I’ve been on manners website looking at prices. I figure the configuration I want would run around $950. If you come across another one let me know I’d be interested. New or used.
                    I’m going to post a WTB in the classifieds also. I don’t really get on any other hunting or shooting forum

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      You can order a CS from Manners as the price varies from $759 for a plain Jane, no frills added stock, to $1600 for all the bells and whistles. You occasionally see them for sale "used", as prices range from $950 to $1200 depending on options. When priced around $950, they don't last long. The most common versions FS that I run across are the TAC elite shell with the Gen 1 or 2 chassis DBM.
                      I haven’t looked into it much yet but do you know the difference between gen 1 & 2 chassis?

Comment

Gen 2 doesn’t have the barricade blocker on the front of the magwell. And I believe the mag release is different.

Comment

I’d go 308 like some of the others mentioned. My 6 yr old shoots my Tikka T3 308 16” barrel suppressed easily. It’s also the lightest rifle I have, total weight under 9 lbs.

Comment

Well the deed is done.. getting a rifle built at West Texas Ordnance

6 Creed
                            Switch lug
                            Manners CS stock in High Plains (had on order already)
                            TL3
                            TT special
                            16.5” proof sendero (they had the blank in stock)
                            Hawkins precision hunter bottom metal

Clayton said he had all components in stock except for the stock which has already been on order. He is expecting to get the stock in about 90 days. He said the rifle would be done shortly after that.

Should be pretty handy

Comment

7mm-08

Comment

Well the deed is done.. getting a rifle built at West Texas Ordnance

6 Creed
                                Switch lug
                                Manners CS stock in High Plains (had on order already)
                                TL3
                                TT special
                                16.5” proof sendero (they had the blank in stock)
                                Hawkins precision hunter bottom metal

Clayton said he had all components in stock except for the stock which has already been on order. He is expecting to get the stock in about 90 days. He said the rifle would be done shortly after that.

Should be pretty handy

Should be pretty sweet. I'll show you how to shoot it when it comes in

Comment

Working...
                                X