No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I care, I like to watch him....and DJ, and Bubba, and Jordan.......everyone to his own likes. I like golf period

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      Just a thought. Did Jack face the same equivalent competition in his glory years?
      Even Jack has admitted the depth of the fields that Tiger played against in his prime were much stronger. That depth has taken several leaps since even the mid 2000's.

But, Jack played against some of the best ever in Arnie, Trevino, Watson, Johnny Miller, Weiskopf, etc. Jack only had to beat 7-8 guys in most majors.

I heard one talking head say that Tiger was the best player of all time and that Jack was the best champion of all time. In Tiger's prime, nobody has ever played the game better nor had so complete an array of golf skills.

Jack has 18 professional majors (and 2 US amateurs which were considered majors at the time). Tiger has 15 professional majors (and 3 US amateurs). So, if Tiger wins three more majors the conversation is over, imo.

But, until then Jack Nicklaus is the man.
      Last edited by El General; 04-15-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        Awesome to see his return. Question? If it were Spieth or anyone else for that matter would you be tired of their name being spoken of all the time as well?
        Surely you're not trying the race card here. Kinda seems like it.

The vast majority of white America adores this man. The haters hate because he was so dominant for so long.....not because of his skin color.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-15-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Don’t kid yourself, there are haters because he’s black. Not saying anyone here, but they’re out there.

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. don't like Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Nope. don't like Tiger.
                Same thing in all sports. Some people love them and others hate them. Been going on forever. I'm an old fart. I remember people not liking Jack because he was too straight. Others loved Arnold because he would go have a beer at the end of the day.

Comment

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought Arnold drank 1/2 tea 1/2 lemonade.

Comment

What he won Yesterday? First I heard of it

Comment

I care, I think he is the best golfer that ever played and did more for the sport than anyone. Some people just can't stand for others to do well. Some people just hate winners. Some don't like Nick Saben because he is a winner. I just love it when people say Tiger is finished and will never win another major! How does that crow taste?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          I get tired of hearing about him and when he plays they feature him even when he is 5 over par and hacking it all over the course.
                          oops.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            Jack's top 7 competitors won 40 majors and 250+ tournaments and are all in the HOF...that's just the Top 7. I have another theory if you'll indulge me. While Tiger's competitors are likely just as gifted, I don't think today's players have the same heart for a simple reason....the insane amount of money that the guy finishing second, fifth or twentieth wins. Guys back then battled each other for victories. Today, if you finish second, you still win a **** King's ransom.

Another argument for Jack being the GOAT is the fact that he not only did he win 18 Majors, but he finished 2nd in 19 other Majors....Woods finish second 6 times. Jack was TOP THREE in 48 Majors....Woods in 24.

I can't argue with anyone that thinks Woods is the GOAT, he's **** hard to critique, but I can sure plead a case for Jack.
                            Totally agree with you on Jack but Tiger changed the face of golf FOREVER. Jack never did that.

Comment

Totally agree with you on Jack but Tiger changed the face of golf FOREVER. Jack never did that.

Absolutely!!! No question about that. The purses that golfers win now are due to Tiger. He changed the game forever.

Comment

Who is to say someone might come along and do it again in X amount of years?

Sports are dynamic. Stats are static. Save the GOAT talk.

The tee shot on sixteen was enough for this hater to tip my beer.

Let's give some props up to his girlfriend. She's found a way to keep his head focused.

Comment

Working...
                                X