No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats TIGER! a 5th Master win! but I guess that doesn't qualify as great lol

Comment

Awesome to see his return. Question? If it were Spieth or anyone else for that matter would you be tired of their name being spoken of all the time as well?

Comment

Johnny Miller is OFF the air and Tiger is puting himself back in the hunt on the weekends

Golf is GREAT again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
          Awesome to see his return. Question? If it were Spieth or anyone else for that matter would you be tired of their name being spoken of all the time as well?
          Originally posted by Codie View Post
          Johnny Miller is OFF the air and Tiger is puting himself back in the hunt on the weekends

Golf is GREAT again!!!
          Is Jordan done? For the record I’m a fan.

Miller needed to be done.

Comment

Tiger is golf, I literally stood in my living room giving him a standing ovation for 5 minuets crying like a baby lol, his course management is awesome to watch, and the focus in his eyes is something ill never forget...he motivated me very much as a young golfer, I became a better golfer because of him....what a day for golf

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
              Depending on who it is, YES.

Comment

I think the Tiger vs Jack argument is a tough call as both were dominating the sport at their times. But when it comes to growing the game of golf in my opinion it’s no comparison of what Tiger has done for the games popularity world wide. It’s gotta be awesome for all these young guys on tour to get to be between the ropes with the guy that got them interested in the game.

Comment

I was impressed with his elation and humblness after the win. No arrogance or cockiness from the past.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                    I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!
                    He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already.
                    Does anybody even care if he comes back???
                    Boy that didn't age too well at all.

Comment

I don’t think you can label Tiger the GOAT. Yet. He’s still behind Jack in major wins. And he’s behind San Sneed for most tour wins. It was good to see him win yesterday, and I don’t dislike him as much now as I used to.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        I will say that I'm very pleased Tiger stayed steady and won. He's been very close several times this year and gotten better and more solid in various aspects -- notably driving accuracy and putting.

He tweaked his equipment, getting the right shaft and loft in his driver -- leading to more fairways off the tee, for instance. As close as he was at the PGA with ZERO fairways on the front nine of the final round, imagine if he had figured out his driver set-up a month earlier: might have added another major there. He switched back to his old faithful putter and one-putted like it was going out of style. And don't forget that he was leading on the back nine of the British Open's final round.

This latest win just brought everything together for him. Could be a real renaissance ahead. It could be compelling drama to see a new generation of pro golfers learn what it means to compete against, possibly, the greatest golfer who has ever lived. For many, Tiger was their golfing inspiration and idol in an almost mythological sense. Now, they're finding out that he is not just a figurehead but an opponent beyond compare. He is certainly one of the fiercest competitors there has ever been in any sport.
                        Great post!!!
                        Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                        My 8 year old loves to golf, but he's never been all that interested in watching. We saw Tiger's last 4 holes while at lunch yesterday after church. I really can't say that I've ever seen him that excited about any televised event.

When we got home, he insisted that we sit and zip through Tiger's entire round on the DVR, which I obliged. At 4:00, we were in the back hitting wedges at buckets to win the Masters.

To say that Tiger is anything other than great for the game is either (1) disingenuous or (2) ignorant.
                        Sadly, probably a whole LOT of both!
                        Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
                        My son is 11yrs old and has been interested in playing golf a little over the years and listens to me talk about who wins from time to time. But he is now has experienced the Dallas Mavericks win, The Texas Rangers go the the World Series 2x and Tiger woods win another major. When I told him Tiger just took the share of the lead he was interested in going to watch because he knows how big of a deal it is for a guy that old going against all that young talent. There were 2 aces on the same hole yesterday......the competition is stiff but I have heard more about golf in the past 3 months than the past 3 years because Tiger has finally got his act together for this past week. If social media had been around 50 years ago you would have heard more garbage about sports and other icons that would have tainted your opinion on those people. Having Tiger back is good for golf! If you dont like golf why did you click on this thread??? lol
                        Yes, not many of our sporting hero's and icons (past or present) would qualify to be given a SAINThood!

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                          I understand that he was once one of the best ever, but... BYE!!
                          He's done. I listen to and watch a lot of golf and I'm sick of hearing his name. He is a washed up has been that will never win another tourney. Can we stop glossing him already. I don't care what club he's swinging, what ball he's hitting, or what shirt he's wearing. The game is going to be just fine without him.
                          Does anybody even care if he comes back???
                          Haha..... love seeing such an opinionated member be proven flat out WRONG!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            Is Jordan done? For the record I’m a fan.

Miller needed to be done.
                            He's done UNTIL he comes up with a different plan, he never acknowledge the real problem, all he did was create another one..his real problem is his putting inside 8 feet, he's got a small yip once he gets inside that range, its been ongoing since late 2016....

he decided he needed to gain more yardage, hence the swing change, he was top 10 on tour in strokes gain approach to the tee before the swing change and we won 3 majors with that chicken wing swing, now he's created a mess and that's why you see him score terrible at least 1-2 rounds every tournament, he's still got a very strong will to win but he's not going anywhere until he changes his plan...not saying change coaches but something has to give before he's outside the top 75 in the world, and its very hard to do that but his poor play/finishes is pretty consistent so far

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                              He's done UNTIL he comes up with a different plan, he never acknowledge the real problem, all he did was create another one..his real problem is his putting inside 8 feet, he's got a small yip once he gets inside that range, its been ongoing since late 2016....

he decided he needed to gain more yardage, hence the swing change, he was top 10 on tour in strokes gain approach to the tee before the swing change and we won 3 majors with that chicken wing swing, now he's created a mess and that's why you see him score terrible at least 1-2 rounds every tournament, he's still got a very strong will to win but he's not going anywhere until he changes his plan...not saying change coaches but something has to give before he's outside the top 75 in the world, and its very hard to do that but his poor play/finishes is pretty consistent so far
                              I also think he’s in his own head. Address the ball, back off, address, back off, grab the towel, address and finally hit it.

Comment

I’m not a fan of tiger, never have been. He’s always seemed like an arrogant Jackass and for the most part, like he saw himself as being above everyone else. Great golfer, won’t say he isn’t. What I am impressed with, cause I was rooting against him, is how he shanked a few in the bushes, put his head down and went about his business and played through and made it happen. He didn’t go all temper tantrum like I’ve seen home do.

And he seems very humble during his interview after the win. Like he actually appreciates the win and wasn’t entitled to it. Maybe he has matured in his old age, i don’t know. But congrats to tiger, I know that has been a long road to victory on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X