• Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for more of Hombre's story, dang what a mess

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
      Strawberry pie.....it was horrible.
      I missed that weekend.

Just for the record Byron always brings great food to camp so if you want a guest to feed you right, he is definitely the man.[emoji106]

Gary

Comment

An old bud of mine brought 3 small packs of Fritos to deer camp one time for 4-5 of us.

Comment

One of my friends on my lease said he was going to bring breakfast and for the most part everything was fine......... But he brought some bacon from a pig his ag class raised that they had butchered and it was absolutely horrible. I thought I would never say that I didnt like bacon but that day I did. I find it hard to even describe, I guess the only way to put it is that it was SUPER gamey tasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I have never tried spam...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
            I love me some Spam. Fried crispy, its hard to beat.
            Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            I haven't had spam in years but we dang sure ate it when I was a kid. Fried spam or fried bologna sandwich with fried taters and onions with pork n beans. Good stuff.
            Love me some fried spam I just came across a recipe the other day for homemade spam...I'm gonna give it a try when I get the time to make it

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            OP, sounds like you brought your skinny friend to deer hunt. Get you a fat friend. We know how to cook and eat
            For the most part...but I have a few friends who resemble me that go by the thought "quality doesn't matter, it's the quantity that matters" no, quality most definitely matters

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            That's the #1 rule... "Dont get high on your own supply"

Comment

The finale....
              Next morning I crawl out of my truck and go to the kitchen for a Mayo sandwich and a coke, Spam is long gone. My man is smoking a cigarette and drinking black coffee. Hasn't eaten anything since we got there. I told him I was going hunting and we would try to get some food from the cowboys for lunch.
              I came in around noon and the guy was gone, lock stock and barrel. The cowboy said he had cone to the casa in Tejas. I was beat, mentally, physically and **** hungry for something other than spam and mayo.
              I loaded up my stuff and headed to Giddings, about 6 hour drive, got home around 9 that night. Next morning another lease hunter called and said, have your heard from Bill? Nope, he left sometime yesterday morning. Well, he never showed up and his wife called looking for him. UH, OH. (Remember the derringer belt buckle)?
              Following day, Bill shows up in Pearland. Apparently, when he got to the American side, he got surly with Customs, they asked him to step out and officer sees the belt buckle. Not illegal but suspicious. He continues to get surly and officer runs his rifle through the system. Rifle was stolen in Houston couple years before. (Bill said he bought if from a guy down on his luck)
              Bill gets to spend next two night in Laredo compliments of Webb County sheriffs department and loses his rifle and some change.
              I did manage to get his cape and horns out for him but that's another story. I guess the moral of this story is when you say you're going to bring food to the lease, don't bring rotten duck eggs.
              Been a while since I've had a Spam sandwich.
              Adios

Comment

^^^ great story!

Comment

Originally posted by MC79 View Post
                  Bologna sandwiches taste so much better at the lease.
                  100% fact

Comment

In reality, I love me some good quality baloney and cheese sammiches with fresh white bread, mayo, lettuce, maters n pickles washed down with an ice cold glass of milk... Of course I also like ribeyes too!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      In reality, I love me some good quality baloney and cheese sammiches with fresh white bread, mayo, lettuce, maters n pickles washed down with an ice cold glass of milk... Of course I also like ribeyes too!

I had a thick sliced Bologna sammich first night at the lease! I love a fried bologna sammich as well. That said we were cleaning axis till late and didn't feel like cooking! Next two night we had grilled axis tenderloin and backstrap though!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        I had a thick sliced Bologna sammich first night at the lease! I love a fried bologna sammich as well. That said we were cleaning axis till late and didn't feel like cooking! Next two night we had grilled axis tenderloin and backstrap though!

Yea, well that'll work too!! Love me some spotted megafawn steak too!! Course, them what knows me pretty much know's I like to eat!!

Comment

bolgna, mayo, and spam suck

Comment

Originally posted by GigEmAgs07
                            We have a "jew" at our lease. I will just leave it at that.
                            This is patently anti-semitic. I love this site and appreciate and enjoy most of the people on it. Consequently, there should be zero tolerance for bigoted, ignorant comments like this so that we can keep it a great site that is welcoming to all.

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
                              This is patently anti-semitic. I love this site and appreciate and enjoy most of the people on it. Consequently, there should be zero tolerance for bigoted, ignorant comments like this so that we can keep it a great site that is welcoming to all.
                              I understand your sentiment but I think you are taking this way too far IMO. His comment was in quotations. People take things was too serious. Call me a redneck, white trash, etc........doesn't bother me one bit. Stereotypes will not go away in our lifetime. Stereotypes are also WAY different than bigotry. He was merely implying that the guy was a cheap*****

Comment

Dang I want to come to deer camp just to eat with some of y’all. Forget Hunting!

Comment

Working...
                                X