2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    Anyone else seeing some extra trash this year with all the rains? We have split BT, kickers off main beams, and split G2's on a couple different bucks.

Yes! If anything I think it’s just more deer getting age throughout east texas. But definitely seeing some extras already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      Yes! If anything I think it’s just more deer getting age throughout east texas. But definitely seeing some extras already.

2/3 of our place has been under water since May from the Trinity, it's starting to drain now that the river is dropping finally.

I've had 10 bucks on camera since Thursday and ole Stewart chompin at the bit to chase em! Hopefully they won't have to wear floaties come October for him

Comment

2/3 of our place has been under water since May from the Trinity, it's starting to drain now that the river is dropping finally.

I've had 10 bucks on camera since Thursday and ole Stewart chompin at the bit to chase em! Hopefully they won't have to wear floaties come October for him

Man since the drought the trinity has pretty much stayed flooded. I’m hoping it will stay cleared out for y’all, good to see some new guys showing up!

Comment

There is one up side to the long term flooding of the Trinity... It has killed a lot of the under brush in the thickest places... Dang blackberry vines have historically been real bad where I hunt, but the past few years, I haven't had my arms or ears ripped off riding 4 wheelers or ATV's down the trails so much...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            There is one up side to the long term flooding of the Trinity... It has killed a lot of the under brush in the thickest places... Dang blackberry vines have historically been real bad where I hunt, but the past few years, I haven't had my arms or ears ripped off riding 4 wheelers or ATV's down the trails so much...
            Few years back we were flooded from October - July after that 24" rain that hit corsicana area etc. Place looked like a desert that next hunting season once the water finally drained, but since then it's been growing up and the bucks have gotten bigger.

One thing I noticed is we have 0 goat weeds this year, and we typically have tons.

Comment

New to the forum and E. Texas hunting. Got a place in Polk county this year between Segno and Dallardsville. My wife's grandfather has been on it for 5 years so I'm familiar with the lease. Had a few decent 8's running around last year, a lot of does, and just overrun with hogs. I was on a place in Junction last year so this area is an adjustment for sure. Seeing some of you guy's pics is getting me pumped! I've still got a lot of work to do on my place but should be good.

Comment

Looks like a possibility of a tropical storm tracking this way [emoji849][emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Looks like a possibility of a tropical storm tracking this way [emoji849][emoji51]

Yea, just what we need more dang rain!!

Comment

I've got a lot of doe hitting the minerals, but not a single buck yet

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
                      I've got a lot of doe hitting the minerals, but not a single buck yet

That’s good means they’re summering somewhere else and will be there when it counts.... season. Where the does are the boys will follow several of my places are this way. I’d rather no velvet picks, then have them show up when they break up bachelor groups. Rather than have summer pics all year then never see them again during season.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                        That’s good means they’re summering somewhere else and will be there when it counts.... season. Where the does are the boys will follow several of my places are this way. I’d rather no velvet picks, then have them show up when they break up bachelor groups. Rather than have summer pics all year then never see them again during season.

Thats exactly how my spots set up, and im perfectly okay with that lol
                        Doe's all summer and not bucks at all, then come october its game on with multiple bucks in my areas all the time.

Comment

16 bucks on cam .

I'm sure I will be stuck in Nigeria and miss my window again

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Yea, just what we need more dang rain!!

Lookin like 5-15” for most parts of etx [emoji24][emoji24]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4285.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	24584313

Comment

Comment

Working...