• Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck!

Comment

Following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love fur trapping. Haven't done it in several years. Used to trap about 100,000 acres. My partner and I ran about 100 #2 coil spring & 200 snares every day. Long hours but we enjoyed it, plus it was very profitable. Trapped 7-10 day then moved the line and do it again

Comment

Put out about 20 sets, caught 1 bobcat yesterday in a Bridger #3. Dirt hole set with pigeon wing for attractant and John Graham Tomcat lure.
          Nice female with good spots and back color, she should bring a decent price.
          We'll spring them tomorrow and maybe re set Friday , depending on snow coming.
          Attached Files

Comment

...tagged...

wanting to learn.

Comment

Had a pretty little female song dog in a trail set this morning. Seems to have some good guard hairs still, no snow on the ground.
              Spouse is fleshing right now and I'll get them out on boards asap. Buyer is coming to town early Jan. Haven't decided if we'll send to auction (FHA)or just sell to the buyer .
              Reset the trap so we'll see what happens.

Petska Fur may have routes down you all's way , you can call the guys listed or text and they will get back to you :https://petskafur.net/routes/north-dakota-copy-copy/
              Attached Files

Comment

Wytex y’all are knocking them down. That’s some beautiful north country fur!

Comment

4 misses this morning !
                  Got the 2 coyotes and the bobcat boarded up. They should be dry in about a week or so, our relative humidity is about 10% or less.
                  We use Top Lot adjustable stretchers, can't beat them for the price and the one size fits both coyote and bobcat for us.
                  All 3 will get a borax cleaning after taking them off of the boards and a good brushing.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Had an interesting morning running traps. Pulled them all due to snow till next week.
                    Had a great surprise in one, a nice prime badger. He'll go to the tannery. Beautiful fur on him.
                    2 very nice coyotes also.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good work wytex

Comment

2 more coyotes boarded to dry and another going on tonight. Badger will get fleshed and stretched later in the week.
                        Bobcat stretched to just over 36" dried. Coyote turned out pretty nice too. If the price isn't right on the bobcat we'll keep it and tan it. Coyotes should bring a decent payday but we'll see with the auction issues going on.
                        Nevada style put up really makes the bobcats look nice.

Hoping to reset this weekend for a few days before we head down to Texas to visit family. After Christmas we'll set again if snow allows it, otherwise we'll be calling coyotes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                          I'm ready to get started.
                          Apparently not. I've done jack squat.

Comment

Badgers are the coolest! Those claws are so impressive.

Comment

Wytex, I’m not familiar with the term Nevada style. I see you don’t leave as much leg as used to be the norm, does that have to do with the term?

Very nice pelts by the way!

Comment

Nevada style is simply folding the legs up to show the spots on the inside of them. We cut the bobcat legs low above the foot to have more legs to fold up and show off. Coyotes get cut off short and folded in for drying, buyers don't care about coyote legs or belly fur.
                                Spouse left the front claws on the badger, we're getting him tanned for ourselves, his under fur is not white enough to bring a good price but it is very thick.

The area between the orange lines are the front legs. The back legs are stretched together to show more spots as well. Probably 5 inches of back legs or so stretched down to look like belly fur.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X