Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
    Definitely legal for personal use.
    Man, I keep hearing that but all the evidence I have found says the federal government (not the State of Texas) says it's illegal without a permit.

Please send me a link to a government site indicating it's legal?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Man, I keep hearing that but all the evidence I have found says the federal government (not the State of Texas) says it's illegal without a permit.

Please send me a link to a government site indicating it's legal?

Kevin
      You’re correct, you can make as much beer and wine as you want for personal consumption but if you want to distill spirits you need a federal permit if you want to take the legal route. My cousin got busted for it in North Carolina he wasn’t selling, it was just for personal consumption and he was giving it away to friends. Still had to pay a hefty fine from what I recall.
      Last edited by Raider Power; 11-09-2020, 01:32 AM.

Comment

I think it's kind of like buying pot in Colorado, legal in the state but the feds could bust if wanted to

Comment

start with a bag of sweet feed..

Comment

Interesting info about moonshine.

https://bigmoonshine.com/answers/moo...o%20%241%2C000.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              Definitely legal for personal use.
              It is definitely not legal for personal use, or any other use.

Now, if you are only distilling small quantities for personal use, will a sheriff come hunt you down. Probably not, nor would they know. But if something goes sideways and its found out that you are distilling, you are in for some trouble and might have a federal crime on your hands.

Comment

Law Dog....

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                "Listen here law dog, law dont go round here no more, you hear hear me law dog....?"
                That is a hilarious quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkbow View Post
                  That is a hilarious quote.
                  Well.....bye,.....
                  Last edited by .243 WSSM; 11-09-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

A guy I used to work with brought me a bottle his family made. It was really good. I asked for the recipe, and he didnt seem to want to share it. He said his family had been making for as far back as anyone could remember

Comment

There is a 99.999% chance you will make some really bad whiskey. You could take all that money and time and go buy a whole bunch of the cheapest whiskey on the shelf and be better off. IMO

Comment

Well, I were wrong.

It's only illegal if you get caught

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                          You’re correct, you can make as much beer and wine as you want for personal consumption but if you want to distill spirits you need a federal permit if you want to take the legal route. My cousin got busted for it in North Carolina he wasn’t selling, it was just for personal consumption and he was giving it away to friends. Still had to pay a hefty fine from what I recall.
                          Actually, in Texas you can only make 200 gallons of beer or wine a year. Not that that would really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                            250 gal. limit on beer and wine per person in the household,thank jimmy carter for this.

Comment

Corn, cracked barley, and a thumper with some really good Pallisade Peaches (from Co) or Parker Peaches from Weatherford do the trick... allegedly. Also, you can speed up the aging process by cutting 1" white oak squares, scorching them with a torch on all sides, and dumping a handful into each mason jar. At least that's what an old timer told me once... allegedly... and it was all hearsay...

Comment

Working...
                              X