No announcement yet.

2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wore my self out this morning. Giant sets for chest, back and biceps. 5X5-6 for chest and back and 5X10 for biceps.

Incline DB press/t-bar row/BB curl
    Flat bench DB press/BB row/preacher curl
    Seated wide grip chest press/Low row/spider curls
    Incline DB fly/lat pull down neutral grip/overhead cable curl

Headed to Abilene so no gym tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Back in the saddle today....

I missed Friday due to attending a funeral, but made up for it today. Back and leg supersets 5X5.

T-bar row/sled leg press/calf raises/ab roller
      Weighted pullup pronated grip/back squat
      Weighted pullup neutral grip/front squat/incline sit up
      Bent over BB row/leg extension

Chest and biceps tomorrow.

Comment

Sabre, sorry to hear someone close passed away.

I HIIT it again this morning and then followed it up with cardio and stretching. Not sure what Im going to do tomorrow but will be lifting something!

Comment

Got it done this morning. 5X5 chest and biceps with a few more reps on bi's when it felt good.

Incline bench press on smith machine/preacher curl
          Seated wide grip chest press/BB curl
          Flat bench DB chest press/hammer curl/incline situp
          Pec deck fly/overhead cable curl
          Push ups and ab crunch machine to finish it off

Back and legs tomorrow

Comment

Back and legs today. 5X5, but did get some extra reps in on a few sets.

Landmines/sled leg press
            Overhead lat pull/leg extension/ab crunch
            Weighted pullup/front squat/ab roller
            Lat pull down neutral grip/back squat

Back and triceps tomorrow.

Comment

Chest and biceps today. A few more days of 5X5 and then on to a new or different program.

DB bench press/preacher curl
              Incline bench press/BB curl/ab crunch
              Seated wide grip chest press/curl bar with handles
              Incline cable fly/arm blaster curls

Back and leg day tomorrow

Comment

Start the week off on the right foot...

with some back and legs today. 5X5 for the most part except calves was 5X10.

T-bar row/sled leg press/calf raise
                Back squat/weighted pullups pronated grip
                Front squat/weighted pullups neutral grip/seated calf raise toes in
                Bent over BB row/leg extension/ab crunch

Chest and biceps tomorrow

Comment

Finished up my program last week as planned and took the weekend off. I was planning to got to the gym this morning and tomorrow morning before our 3 week vacation starts on Wednesday. That got derailed as I may have been exposed to covid Saturday morning. I dont have any symptoms so far but Im not going to the gym out of caution for others there. Timing of this could not be worse. My wife has been looking forward to this all year. She is going to be devastated if it gets derailed because I got the covid. Carry on the good work fellas.
                  Last edited by rtp; 07-26-2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I got into the game late this year (about 6 weeks ago). Down 17 lbs with diet and exercise. Hitting the lifetime fitness near the house about 6 days a week. Cardio mostly, but started kettle bells, concept rower, concept ski erg along with elliptical (MMA setting is a butt kicker).

Feel better already and pants are fitting a lot better.

Elbow tendonitis is a mood killer though. Need to find time to get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      I got into the game late this year (about 6 weeks ago). Down 17 lbs with diet and exercise. Hitting the lifetime fitness near the house about 6 days a week. Cardio mostly, but started kettle bells, concept rower, concept ski erg along with elliptical (MMA setting is a butt kicker).

Feel better already and pants are fitting a lot better.

Elbow tendonitis is a mood killer though. Need to find time to get it fixed.
                      Good for you Chew!

That elbow tendonitis is hard to get rid of. Every time I get it I try and rest it (RICE) and it feels better. But, I'm kinda hard headed and will keep trying to work through it.

Comment

If you codgers don’t do anything else, try the following for a while first:

Brisk 30 min walk

Pushups

Jumping squats (can do while walking)

Slam Ball (Get a 20 or 30lb slamball, start from a squat, lift as high as you can go overhead on tip-toes, then slam to the ground)

Some kinda dumbell curls

If you can do this twice per day even better.

Comment

A little over a week left on my month of 5X5. Hit the chest and biceps hard today. Tried to eek out a rep or two more on each set even though it's 5X5.

Incline bench on smith machine/preacher curl
                          Seated wide grip chest press/BB curl/ab crunch
                          Bench press/arm blaster curls
                          Cable fly/hammer curl bar
                          Over head cable curl

Leg and shoulder day tomorrow.

Comment

Well.... Its been 8 -9 days since I contributed to this tread but made it this morning for Cardio and chest.

I have had zero energy and little sleep the last few weeks and finally figured out it was the latest medication I was prescribed to help with sleep. Been on it for a couple months and noticed I had been gaining weight like crazy and after a blood panel the doctor had me taken off the medicine asap.

Back at the grind and still chipping away at finding better sleep lol Tried my APAP machine for the first time in a while and only made it to 1am with it on. Might be trying a new mask soon

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Well.... Its been 8 -9 days since I contributed to this tread but made it this morning for Cardio and chest.

I have had zero energy and little sleep the last few weeks and finally figured out it was the latest medication I was prescribed to help with sleep. Been on it for a couple months and noticed I had been gaining weight like crazy and after a blood panel the doctor had me taken off the medicine asap.

Back at the grind and still chipping away at finding better sleep lol Tried my APAP machine for the first time in a while and only made it to 1am with it on. Might be trying a new mask soon

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting some rest. I' guessing you've done a sleep study? Sounds to me like you may have been overmedicated. I'm no Dr., but I have watched Grey's Anatomy. LOL!

Comment

Thanks for the re-motivation fellers. Been nursing an injury for the past couple months but I'm ready to move on and get back into it. The summer heat doesn't help but I am tired of making excuses.

Comment

Working...
                                X