Best place to get bow broad head tuned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to get bow broad head tuned?

I am looking for the best place in East texas to get my bow broad head tuned. I have it shooting bullet holes with field points but screw on broad heads and it constantly shoots left. Also during arrow flight you can see the arrow kicking. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're getting bullet holes with FP's, you should be able to broadhead tune it yourself.
    There are numerous youtube videos on how to DIY.

Comment

I bet you are getting contact with your rest.

Comment

Rest/cable contact. Try kicking your rest to the right a hair and see if the broadheads move

Comment

I have tried numerous tips from YouTube to tune it with no luck. The bow is a Mathews V3 31 30 in draw at 64 lbs shooting Gold tip airstrikes 340 with 100 grain tips. Do I need a stiffer arrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Possum9 View Post
            I have tried numerous tips from YouTube to tune it with no luck. The bow is a Mathews V3 31 30 in draw at 64 lbs shooting Gold tip airstrikes 340 with 100 grain tips. Do I need a stiffer arrow?
            I’d go with a 300 spine. Should have asked what was the bow setup in my first post

Comment

I'm not trying argue with anyone here, but I don't see how OP could get bullet holes with FP's if he's having contact of any sort. He said the problem only exists when shooting BH's. Contact with anything should happen no matter what kind of pointis on the end of his arrow, in my humble opinion.
              Also, if he's underspined, how can he get a bullet hole with FP's?

Comment

I’ve been told a BH will magnifying any problems you are having. A BH will try to fly the arrow and FP won’t. Maybe I’ve been told wrong?

Comment

I'm no expert but when my bow is truly tuned (by CCR) shooting bullet holes the broadhead follows unless I have a problem with my arrow inserts....or the broadhead ferrule is tweaked. The broadhead will magnify it ...

Something is a micro off here or there. I'd let a "pro" look at it.

Comment

Any shop recommendations?

Comment

If the bow is tuned correctly with FPs, it should be with BHs as well. That comes with a degree of fault, based on arrow, bow tune, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                        If you're getting bullet holes with FP's, you should be able to broadhead tune it yourself.
                        There are numerous youtube videos on how to DIY.

Should but not always the case. Had to yoke tune mine to get broad heads to fly even after paper tuning bullet holes and then trying to move rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          I’ve been told a BH will magnifying any problems you are having. A BH will try to fly the arrow and FP won’t. Maybe I’ve been told wrong?

Nope. You is right!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            Should but not always the case. Had to yoke tune mine to get broad heads to fly even after paper tuning bullet holes and then trying to move rest.
                            I agree with you. That's why I said that he should be able to BH tune it himself, if he has it tuned for FP's. It might take a little tweaking, but really shouldn't be anything that he can't do for himself, other than he might need a press.

Comment

Triple Edge Archery in Dayton.

Glenn will get you fixed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X