No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only caught 6 today on my brush piles that have been producing 15+ the last few times I fished them. thinking they have moved deeper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
      only caught 6 today on my brush piles that have been producing 15+ the last few times I fished them. thinking they have moved deeper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Look shallower! We’re catching fish on Whitney in 10-12’ last 2 days. That said I have a new least favorite lake. Looking forward to Fork. Pines. And Palestine this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Look shallower! We’re catching fish on Whitney in 10-12’ last 2 days. That said I have a new least favorite lake. Looking forward to Fork. Pines. And Palestine this week!

Sorry to hear about your tough time there. Water has not been exactly stable there for a while, with it just coming off a flood. And been releasing water for almost 2 months now. In my experience, that lake does the best in the winter and early spring for slabs.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow slew! I'll be drinking beers at cedar creek but hope to sneak some dock fishing in if I can.

Comment

We fished Toledo bend this afternoon with a guide. Not very good results. Less than 20 between 5 of us. We were fishing with minnows and jigs on natural structure 15-18ft deep.

Going out on our own tomorrow. Hopefully we can do alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
              We fished Toledo bend this afternoon with a guide. Not very good results. Less than 20 between 5 of us. We were fishing with minnows and jigs on natural structure 15-18ft deep.

Going out on our own tomorrow. Hopefully we can do alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Man I went over there during our crappie get together and it was tough then. I thought it was because of the high water

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

5 minutes to go time!! Pretty lake. Small fish!! Maybe I’m spoiled in E Tx!

Comment

5 minutes to go time!! Pretty lake. Small fish!! Maybe I’m spoiled in E Tx!
                  Good luck today.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried to keep up with the Facebook weigh in. Sounds like sander and holleman are on fire!

Wish I could have fished Whitney today but looks like it was a small fish grind. Congrats slew on a tough lake! [emoji482][emoji123]
                    Last edited by TeamAmerica; 07-17-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      Tried to keep up with the Facebook weigh in. Sounds like sander and holleman are on fire!

Wish I could have fished Whitney today but looks like it was a small fish grind. Congrats slew on a tough lake! [emoji482][emoji123]

They’re on a roll! They won it on our backup spot! Oh well. We fished through our best stuff and they were in those trees when we went to go in there and never left! We caught a lot of fish today but they were sorry fish! Been 3 weeks since I crappie fished nearly so it was good to get back after em! Bob Sandlin to end up the season next month. We need to win that one. Caught all our fish on hand ties I made in a Shad color and silver and yellow slab syndicate hand ties and Jenko 11’ Kevin Rogers series rods. 10-12’ of water fishing 7-10’ down.

I got a good laugh today! Guy there said Whitney and RC are his lakes. RC is his big fish lake! I told him I might would take up golf if RC was my big fish lake!
                      Last edited by Slew; 07-17-2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Bill Muntz with Fin and Bones taxidermy finished up little mans 3.17 today! Pretty good end to the day! Got an email last week they were reviewing his catch for Jr angler record for Lake Fork.

Comment

I got a good laugh today! Guy there said Whitney and RC are his lakes. RC is his big fish lake! I told him I might would take up golf if RC was my big fish lake!
                          [emoji1787][emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Bill Muntz with Fin and Bones taxidermy finished up little mans 3.17 today! Pretty good end to the day! Got an email last week they were reviewing his catch for Jr angler record for Lake Fork.
                            Great! That would be some huge kudos if that happens!

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                              Great! That would be some huge kudos if that happens!
                              He makes sure to tell anybody that will listen about his fish!!

Felt good to be back in E Tx with good sized crappie again yesterday!

Comment

I had a couple of TBHers Andy and Keith out with me this morning and the fishing is still a grind.
                                We found lots of fish but one or two was all we could get to bite at each pile.
                                We stayed on the move and they ended the morning with a nice box of fish.
                                We caught everything on minnows in 18 to 24 foot of water
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	209209296_1004273613680077_3677468691944575643_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	24657110
                                Last edited by Buff; 07-19-2021, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X