Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I googled since my wiring got ate up by mice (didn't even think of it when I left my side by side at the ranch)... is there anywhere in San Angelo that will rent something like that for a day? Maybe John deer or 4x4 kubota?

Comment

Got a little of the wet stuff over night in Big Lake
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
        I googled since my wiring got ate up by mice (didn't even think of it when I left my side by side at the ranch)... is there anywhere in San Angelo that will rent something like that for a day? Maybe John deer or 4x4 kubota?
        Ive grown up in the area, I don't know of any place that rents off the top of my head. I looked up family power sports website and i didn't see any mention of rentals.

maybe it'll dry out by this weekend. how many locations are you filling up?

Comment

Here’s some growing bone - Camera has been out for 2 days on new lease and already loving what I’m seeing
          Attached Files

Comment

Probably heading up after work today. Excited to see what I have on one cam. The other is a cell cam and nothing with much growth yet.

Comment

What do you guys think? He made it through the cold...another pic of him from last year. He is 4.5-5yr this year. Going down for sure. The wife will be taking him as she has had a tough go these past few years trying to get one she likes. That is him on the left in the 2nd pic from last year.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Holdeez0615 View Post
                What do you guys think? He made it through the cold...another pic of him from last year. He is 4.5-5yr this year. Going down for sure. The wife will be taking him as she has had a tough go these past few years trying to get one she likes. That is him on the left in the 2nd pic from last year.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
                How can you determine if he’s gone down without seeing him grown out?

Comment

Going downhill at 4.5-5.5 Years? [emoji848][emoji848]

Comment

Not a downhill thing, more of a going down by a bullet thing. More of a race to beat the neighbors to the north as we have had issues with them in the past when it comes to horns and all that stuff. Young, old, big, small anything that moves shoot it is their style.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Going downhill at 4.5-5.5 Years? [emoji848][emoji848]
                      I read it the same way you did.

Comment

No worries on the confusion gentleman. But still would like to know your thoughts on the deer itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Holdeez0615 View Post
                          No worries on the confusion gentleman. But still would like to know your thoughts on the deer itself?
                          I started to give my input but held off because it sounded like you had already made your mind up.

Based off his current growth and the one pic you sent, it looks like he's going to be a better deer. His brows look better and he is carrying his mass well. He will likely be a looker for sure. That deer has a TON of potential if he is a known 4 or 5 YO. You might have trigger-happy neighbor, but they would have shot that deer last year already. He was probably one helluva 2YO and he escaped them to live that year also. My 2 cents: give him one more pass. Feed the he** out of him and don't pressure that area too hard. Deer in that country can really be special with feed and time, even with meat hunters across the fence.

Comment

I don't understand our thoughts, its your thoughts that matter. If I say let it walk, you going to? I thought yall were already going to shoot it, let him walk

Comment

My thoughts are this. We don’t know where you hunt, what size property you hunt, what kind of deer your area produces and what you consider a “trophy” deer. I say if you like it, it meets your age requirements and above all does it make the wife happy then shoot it. For me about the only “requirement” is age which is 5yrs min. From the one pic I’d say you are prob good to go.

Comment

Deer are hammering the feed right now as expected! Nothing to write home to mom about yet, but there’s a lot of them. I’m only running 2 cameras at the moment but will soon be putting the rest out to see what all we got this year. My feed bill might have us eating TV dinners with beans and rice the rest of the year, at this rate...... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X