No announcement yet.

PSA - Traveling with Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you with confidence that the idiots that run the lake ruined the best trout fishery in this region. Held water back until almost too late and then opened the gates wide open and scoured the stream down to the bed rock.

Still makes me sick to think about how it used to be

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      I can tell you with confidence that the idiots that run the lake ruined the best trout fishery in this region. Held water back until almost too late and then opened the gates wide open and scoured the stream down to the bed rock.

Still makes me sick to think about how it used to be

That is horrible

Comment

You faired a little better than we did. Tried to go camping with another couple about a month ago. We even had campground reservations. We made it all the way there just to find our sites were under water. Twenty-five minutes after we arrived, we received an automated email saying our reservation was cancelled. This was at 4 pm on a Friday. All sites (that weren't under water) were sold out. I am not impressed with the way they run their business.

Comment

Our lake here in Georgia has large fluctions due to rain. Problem is when the water is high alot of the launch ramp docks are secured to the ramps. So you stand the chance of snagging the dock with your prop if you're not careful.

Done the 4X4 launch as well, not a great option since you're kinda making it up on the fly, and loading and unloading is a pain.

Sound's like you did the right thing op.

Comment

Ive been in a similar situation in the past and we got real creative real quick with some tow rope and chains and were able to get my 18' kenner in and out of the water that day. If I remember correctly beer helped us with the creativity. I wouldn't do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Ive been in a similar situation in the past and we got real creative real quick with some tow rope and chains and were able to get my 18' kenner in and out of the water that day. If I remember correctly beer helped us with the creativity. I wouldn't do it again.
              Sounds fun lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                You faired a little better than we did. Tried to go camping with another couple about a month ago. We even had campground reservations. We made it all the way there just to find our sites were under water. Twenty-five minutes after we arrived, we received an automated email saying our reservation was cancelled. This was at 4 pm on a Friday. All sites (that weren't under water) were sold out. I am not impressed with the way they run their business.
                Wow, they need to make some changes. That is horrible.

Comment

Working...
                X