Registering your SBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
    Any opposition to just putting on a brace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No opposition but there is one small problem. Both AR's I own were first manufactured as rifles. Both of the manufacturers, Saber Defence and Savage have never produced an AR pistol. It would be a felony to convert either one to a pistol. Now if it were the other way around and they were first made as pistol AR's then I could upgrade with a stock and a 16" barrel to make them rifles and that would be OK. ATF has some screwed up rules for sure.

Comment

So I drove over to AR15Part.com place of bidnez and exchanged it for a 16" barreled upper. No return charges, just an even swap. This one has a Shaw barrel. I've heard good things about Shaw barrels. In any case they have a nice place of business and very helpful and friendly folks. AR15Parts is under new ownership and these folks appear to have their act together especially for inventory and customer service.
      I took all my .223 empty brass and made them into 300 AAC and got them load half and half with 175gr VLD and 125 gr Sierra game king. Converting .223 into 300 BO is a piece of cake. Easy to resize and cut to length. I have about 50 rounds to play with now. If the rain ever stops I will get to shoot these as break in rounds and get a reticle zeroed on my Wraith.

Comment

Working...
      X