Registering your SBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering your SBR

Who is the best to use to assist in creating this for submission.
    Also which is best or easiest, Trust or individual ?

Not.m8ch difference anymore between trust and individual. What assistance do you need? Have you done your engraving already?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think Trust is. The easiest way is to find a dealer that will do it all for you. Won’t be least expensive but is easy.

Comment

Form one’s are pretty simple to do yourself. There are a bunch of how to videos and articles online walking you through the process.

Filing individually is simpler; however, I’d recommend spending the extra money to do it through a trust. There are quite a few benefits to them, especially if you plan on getting several NFA items.

For a trust, I’d recommend getting in touch with Jim Willi with Texas Gun Trust. He’s well versed with gun trusts and can tailor it to your exact situation and needs. He’s also willing to answer any questions you might have along the way. Well worth the $300 he charges in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
          Not.m8ch difference anymore between trust and individual. What assistance do you need? Have you done your engraving already?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
          No engraving yet. I already have a complete AR15 carbine with 16" barrel that I've had for 20 years and am going to put a new upper on it that has an 8" barrel so I need to get it registered before I can change out the upper. I already have the upper assembly.

Comment

Or you could just not register it.....

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
              I think Trust is. The easiest way is to find a dealer that will do it all for you. Won’t be least expensive but is easy.
              This

Comment

ATF Barcodes, Digital fingerprint and signatures storage, NFA Engravings, Gunsmithing, Form 1 processing, FD258 finger print cards, Form 4, NFA Gun Trust

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                    Wouldn't that be agin the law to assemble and carry it anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      Wouldn't that be agin the law to assemble and carry it anywhere?
                      Speeding is illegal and people do it daily.

Just put a SBA3 or SBA4 (or w/e else you want ) on it and don't give them the $200 dollar infringement fee.

Oh, and F__K the ATF.
                      Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 05-14-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Though I do agree with the last sentence of Rustler's post. I believe you AR is registered as a rifle on the form 4473. So this means you can't just turn it into a pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                          Though I do agree with the last sentence of Rustler's post. I believe you AR is registered as a rifle on the form 4473. So this means you can't just turn it into a pistol.
                          If he just bought it as a lower and not a full rifle it shouldn't on the 4473 as a rifle

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The parent gun is a Saber Defense AR-15 M4 in 5.56 carbine length that I bought years ago. All I wanted to do was change the upper to a different caliber (300 BO) and go shoot some paper and pigs. The upper I bought has an 8" barrel. Therefore if I swap uppers the thing becomes a short barrel rifle and would have to be registered. Since I already own the lower and it was bought thru a gun store I assume it is register to me thru the 4473 I filled out when I bought it. I still have questions on how this is accomplished. Do I engrave the lower with a new batch of numbers or modify the existing serial number once I go thru the Form 1 BS.

Comment

While I'm at it I might as well build me a form 1 can since I'm having to go thru all the gyrations of doing a trust I might as well get the full monte. I should have done a trust long ago. I have too many guns not to have them protected somehow when I croak.

Comment

Working...
                              X