Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best treat I have had in a while. Thanks God!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best treat I have had in a while. Thanks God!

Mom is fairly far along with her Alzheimer’s. She doesn’t know who we are anymore and hasn’t for probably a year. The last few months have been absolutely terrible. A couple days ago she told my wife she thinks I’m some stranger that sneaks in the house to kill her. Let’s just say it’s not fun.

Last night I heard her hollering downstairs. Oh gosh I think and head on down what insult will she throw my way? She says, “Oh hey Ryan, where is Cindy and your boy?” It’s like she was was never sick. We got to talk for an hour and then she said, “I’m tired and I’m going to go lay down and sleep. I love you!”

Who knows how she will wake up this morning? Probably not well. Make sure you tell the people you love you love them, you may not get a chance later and it sure is nice to hear once in a while.

God bless y’all and yours.

Prayers for your mom and the family. Alzheimer’s is a horrible thief, and one of my biggest fears.

Comment

It is amazing how they can be or what they might remember during those golden moments. Cherish them and prayers for all of you.

Comment

Man I got dust in my eyes just reading that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This definitely made me smile! It reminds me that I really want to sit down with my father and "interview" him about life and video it. I'm not worried about Alzheimer's but he is beginning to slip a little bit. Prayers for more of these treats for you!

Comment

No words can express how I feel about what you're going through but I'm very glad that you got that hour with your mom.

Comment

Thank God you had another chance to talk with her.

Alzheimer’s is horrible! I watched my grandfather suffer with it until he passed. I would have loved another conversation with him when he was his normal self.

Comment

Prayers up for you and your Family. It’s a horrible disease, my mom woke up one day in 2018 like this and life has been challenging for sure.

Comment

Man I needed to hear something like that this morning! I'm so glad you got a little time back with her.

My dad is 89 and getting worse daily! Yesterday was especially hard! I woke up last night around 130 dreaming about the days events and never really got back to sleep. I just wish I could help him. Its a terrible disease!

Comment

That’s a blessing for sure. Glad you had that moment. Alzheimer’s robs families of quality of life for sure. God bless.

Comment

My MIL suffered with it for several years. It was really devastating on the rest of the family. You were fortunate to get that time with her.

Comment

That is a terrible disease prayers up.

Comment

Had the same issue with my Mom I would call her every day on my drive home from work. With her in assisted living in Okla. and me living and working in Texas we needed that call daily. After my dad pass which is so hard on them she would constantly ask when dad was coming home. One day I was sitting with her and we were talking. Much like the OP's mom her demeanor was driven by fear of being stranded somewhere and no one around to help and people were coming after her. We talked for about an hour and she looked at me and said you know everyday the nicest man calls me every afternoon. I said I know Mom that man is me and she smiled and said thank you that means so much to me. After she passed I didn't know what to do for my drives home. I miss her so much. I have to stop now I guess the onions I am cutting are getting to me.

Comment

Been a problem here///been to Doc for years with Wifes mind and cognitive and short term memo.....Really gettin tuff lately .They finally gave a Diagnosis Its The Big AAAA..I kinda suspected it all along...I feel your PAIN....best of luck and PRAYERS

Comment

Sadly I know what you are going through. As difficult as it is to say I am or maybe my mom was one of the fortunate ones. She died more quickly and didn't linger as many do. I can't remember my mom having those true moments of clarity but I think that may be because she went so quickly. Alzheimer's is the worst thing that can happen to anyone.

You were right to treasure that moment.

One word of advice: Always remember she is who she was. That is her. Always know the old her is the real her. This is just the disease.
                              Last edited by TX_Kevin; 04-13-2021, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X