Welp... they got me. G-danged thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
    What's the mother in law got to do with it?
    She has Alzheimer’s. We moved into her house to take care of her and I hate the area and neighborhood. Went from huge quiet lots to suburbia hell with thieves and all that comes with it. Nothing with her personally. The situation just sucks.

Comment

Scum of the earth
      Sorry man

Comment

Since they got something of value, they'll be back. Want are you going to do about that?

Comment

I’m going to hurt their feelings if they come back. Steps have been taken. I have been practicing my insults.

I’d really like to put in a driveway gate and leave my my dog roam but he would never shut up.
          Last edited by Rubberdown; 03-14-2021, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
            This is very common. Some agencies use trained civilians to take reports along with the internet to allow folks to file their own report.

It is a better use of resources than sending a patrol officer in most cases. Even more so for departments that are stretched thin in resources to begin with.
            Disagree. Trained officer and crime scene processing to catch the thieves is a better use of resources. Civilian with little training other than typing a report for insurance purposes is a waste of time and resources. Catch the thieves and let them rot in jail. Of course, nowadays the courts don't care and let them out without even a slap on the wrist. Nevermind, you were right. File a report online, let insurance pay, and everyone else's insurance goes up to pay for it.

27 years in LE. Getting a little jaded to the system. When you arrest someone with 27 priors, 12 felonies, and they are free on the street committing violent crimes it makes you a little mad. If only we could hold judges and juries to the same standard we hold cops................... We make split second decisions almost daily......judges have days, weeks, months to decide whether or not to let a robbery suspect loose. Then someone gets killed and ZERO liability for them. Can someone explain this to me?

Yep, been a long week. Sorry for the rant.

Comment

This is very common. Some agencies use trained civilians to take reports along with the internet to allow folks to file their own report.

It is a better use of resources than sending a patrol officer in most cases. Even more so for departments that are stretched thin in resources to begin with.
              Resources are stretched thin because of ****ty management of said resources. There is no reason a police officer should not be coming out to file a police report when crap like this happens.

Maybe the police officer shouldn't have to write a dissertation for each and every police report. That would be a better use of resources than officers having to spend hours writing up reports.

Sorry for your luck OP. Happened to me at work a few years back. Nothing of value is ever left in my vehicle, and they stole about $3 in change from me.

Comment

Hopefully, one day you get to make a call to the morgue. I hate thieves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                  Disagree. Trained officer and crime scene processing to catch the thieves is a better use of resources. Civilian with little training other than typing a report for insurance purposes is a waste of time and resources. Catch the thieves and let them rot in jail. Of course, nowadays the courts don't care and let them out without even a slap on the wrist. Nevermind, you were right. File a report online, let insurance pay, and everyone else's insurance goes up to pay for it.

27 years in LE. Getting a little jaded to the system. When you arrest someone with 27 priors, 12 felonies, and they are free on the street committing violent crimes it makes you a little mad. If only we could hold judges and juries to the same standard we hold cops................... We make split second decisions almost daily......judges have days, weeks, months to decide whether or not to let a robbery suspect loose. Then someone gets killed and ZERO liability for them. Can someone explain this to me?

A freaking men

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry that happened to you.

Comment

Why should police of any agency arrest and charge when the DA wont prosecute and judges are hellbent on activism?

Comment

People on the Green Screen appreciate your service. Hang in there fella!!

Comment

I was disappointed that, HPD didn’t even try, I was parked In a security area , handicap parking, under a security camera, and the
                          Hotel had excellent coverage of the event, but for legal reasons, footage can only be released to law enforcement, HPD and Harris county sheriff’s department never bothered to get video which hotel security had ready to send electronically, so lack of effort

And I agree one day these thieves are going to run into a armed citizen and 1. Get shot 2. Shoot someone during a criminal activity

Comment

Of course everyone wants a thief caught and I didn’t say it was the right thing to do but it is the best use of resources when there is no suspect info and as you said yourself, the state lets em off anyway. It’s a class B offense on property. Patrol officers are not needed.

Now if there is video or other suspect info then sure an officer can follow up on that. With the quality and affordability of security cams these days everyone should have them.

Yes I’m an officer, no I’m not dodging work (really impossible to do), and yes I have been a victim myself. It sucks. But it’s property at the end of the day.

I will say to the OP I am sorry he got his windows taken out. At least around here most BMVs are unlocked vehicles.

Note that stickers or anything indicating you’re a gun owner will get your vehicle targeted by thieves.

Comment

The criminals and thugs run things

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                                I was disappointed that, HPD didn’t even try, I was parked In a security area , handicap parking, under a security camera, and the
                                Hotel had excellent coverage of the event, but for legal reasons, footage can only be released to law enforcement, HPD and Harris county sheriff’s department never bothered to get video which hotel security had ready to send electronically, so lack of effort

And I agree one day these thieves are going to run into a armed citizen and 1. Get shot 2. Shoot someone during a criminal activity

Yea I’ll agree that’s terrible. While it’s not likely MAYBE some did follow up on the video but it had no evidentiary value? Idk, people like giving other a hard time when they don’t know the real deal. I’m not saying you or anyone on here are those people and I will say I have been. We are all human. Police officer in most agencies are worked to the max or over worked. I’m sure most would be surprised at the amount of work they do.

Again. Sorry for the crappy luck and glad it was just property and no one got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X