No announcement yet.

Ground Feeder vs Tripod Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in the stand and fill crowd. It’s easy to fill and the main positive is the safety side of it. No more tall feeders for this Homeboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      I’m not a fan of low feeders. They have lots of advantages for sure and only 1 disadvantage... but a huge one. They give the animals a shield to hide behind!

And people say...”oh wait, they will move”.... not always. I’ve had missed opportunities more than shoots on the few times I’ve hunted them
      I put a metal plate on the side that is away from me. Very little corn goes behind it and it sure makes the noise so they can hear it go off. It will startle you if you are dozing and up close in a bow stand.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
        If you've never seen a slap full Hang 'Em High come crashing down it's quite an experience.

Stand and fill all the way. Much safer and way less hassle.

What caused the drop? I don’t trust the mechanical rope crimp they put on and go with three wire rope clamps properly spaced on the loop.

That being said I don’t stand under a load either.

If they ever flat give out I’ll probably go with a stand and fill but I sure do like the hang’em highs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I know 2 diff Guys that had tripods fail and spent months in Hosp..I started a couple years ago building( My own stand and fill ) Got 3 now and I will never go back..all are on skids..and I'm able to drag with Mule or load on trailer to new sites..

My GS wants 1 so guess I'll build another...

I built my own tripods for 30-40 year and Thank GOD never a Failure...But it was a ticking timebomb

Comment

I hate the one remaining winch up that we have on the ranch.

The light that we use for pig hunting works a little better on it than mounted on the side of a stand and fill, but I can solve that with a 10' t post.

Comment

I’m not a fan of low feeders. They have lots of advantages for sure and only 1 disadvantage... but a huge one. They give the animals a shield to hide behind!

And people say...”oh wait, they will move”.... not always. I’ve had missed opportunities more than shoots on the few times I’ve hunted them
              I've had the solar panel on mine get cracked / broken after I threw some lead at a sounder of pigs.
              It wasn't a bullet hole, but was a crack and it killed it- most likely a pig or rock landed into it when the volleys began to land. ( I got 3 of um)

I like it fine, but would really like a directional stand and fill Krivoman set up.
              Best of both worlds I'd bet.

Comment

I’ve been wanting to convert this 600# to a stand and fill with directional thrower.

I can’t see it being too involved- cut the legs down to the desired height, weld braces 1/2 way up then weld the “feet” of the legs onto a skid.
                It Could be done in camp after season if I let it go empty.
                Am I missing anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=DaveC;15123889]I’ve been wanting to convert this 600# to a stand and fill with directional thrower.

I can’t see it being too involved- cut the legs down to the desired height, weld braces 1/2 way up then weld the “feet” of the legs onto a skid.
                  It Could be done in camp after season if I let it go empty.
                  Am I missing anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUO

Varmint cage

Comment

Varmint cage....

I think if I put a Krivo on there I'd be covered in the critter department.

Comment

X2

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Tripods all the way!! Because that’s all I have!! Someday may change to the others but I still get a good cardio and helps with my ninja balance!

Comment

This is a no brainer.

My fell twice years ago, wouldn't even think about having another one.

Comment

Neither. Hand corn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
                              I'm on my 3rd Greengo stand and fill. I only have one elevated feeder left and it is in a bottom that floods so i won't fo stand and fill there.

They are so easy and safe to fill. My boss saw mine and i picked one up for him last weekend. This weekend I'm picking up his 2nd after filling it one time. Both replacing tripod feeders he had for years.
                              I like these as well. We now have 4 on our place. We are replacing barrel feeders as needed. Still have 6 more to go.

Comment

I have a stand and fill feeder and will never buy anything else. No problems with cows or pigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X