Ground Feeder vs Tripod Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
    Im still partial to the winch ups. Love the radius it throws the corn.

brunner can vouch for the Tractor Supply feeder. It has that distribution plate below that helps with spreading corn and coon proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Tripod feeders should be a thing of the past.

Stand and fill is the way to go.

My Lamco low and throw feeder will sling corn over 20 yards in every direction

Yup....my Lamco will sling it!

Comment

Just got my first two ground level feeders from ASF. Will never buy another barrel tripod again.

Comment

I'm on my 3rd Greengo stand and fill. I only have one elevated feeder left and it is in a bottom that floods so i won't fo stand and fill there.

They are so easy and safe to fill. My boss saw mine and i picked one up for him last weekend. This weekend I'm picking up his 2nd after filling it one time. Both replacing tripod feeders he had for years.

Comment

Just bought one of the Bucees last weekend and put it out. It’s my first stand and fill. Still have 2 tripods out there too. Put hog panels around the stand and fill so hopefully it’s still upright when I go back! Wayyy easier to fill. It’s advertised as 600lb but it’s probably about a 475lb capacity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It is so nice to go from the bed/tailgate of your truck to the top of my Lamco Stand and Fills... I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. From now on, its stand and fill or at the very least, fill comfortable from the bed of my truck. Buying a Bucees ASF SNF feeder this weekend for my local pig place. Just say no to ladders!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	00 Slacker feeder3.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	24632367

Click image for larger version

Name:	00 Slacker feeder 0.jpg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	24632370
              Last edited by Smart; 09-24-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Stand and fill

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  It is so nice to go from the bed/tailgate of your truck to the top of my Lamco Stand and Fills... I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. From now on, its stand and fill or at the very least, fill comfortable from the bed of my truck. Buy a Bucees ASF SNF feeder this weekend for my local pig place. Just say no to ladders!!

[ATTACH]1020596[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1020600[/ATTACH]

Yessir. Load the bed of the Ranger with corn. Back right up the feeder, fill it and be done. Wish I would have made the switch sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Yessir. Load the bed of the Ranger with corn. Back right up the feeder, fill it and be done. Wish I would have made the switch sooner.

Same! Year 3 of an all seasons stand and fill. Will never have anything else. Coon proof and slings corn farther than my old tripod feeder. Have had hogs try to flip it and get stuck under it after shooting them.

Still on the original battery too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Now that I have stand and fills I’ll never have anything else. Gone are the days of carrying corn up a ladder.
                      Just back up the side by side and load in a few minutes. Safe and quick

BP

Comment

I’m not a fan of low feeders. They have lots of advantages for sure and only 1 disadvantage... but a huge one. They give the animals a shield to hide behind!

And people say...”oh wait, they will move”.... not always. I’ve had missed opportunities more than shoots on the few times I’ve hunted them

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                          If you've never seen a slap full Hang 'Em High come crashing down it's quite an experience.

Stand and fill all the way. Much safer and way less hassle.
                          X3

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            I’m not a fan of low feeders. They have lots of advantages for sure and only 1 disadvantage... but a huge one. They give the animals a shield to hide behind!

And people say...”oh wait, they will move”.... not always. I’ve had missed opportunities more than shoots on the few times I’ve hunted them
                            That's been my holdup on them too but I plan to go with a stand and fill directional to avoid that.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

But that is offset by their eyes can be hidden from any movement on the draw. I watched it all year last year thinking he wouldn't stand a chance if I drew on him.

Also keeps a feeder bully from hogging all the varmint guard knockdown corn underneath the feeder and running others off...in my experience.
                              Last edited by Smart; 09-24-2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Stand and fill after having a cable break with a full barrel of corn. Barely missed my dad and crushed my tailgate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X