fish pond or water features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fish pond or water features?

I'm thinking of putting a small pond waterfall feature in the backyard. Anyone have one, what's a good size, what's too big or too small? How deep? Best place to get the liner, and pump? What's the maintenance like? How many fish per gallons of water?

Check out aqua scape videos on YouTube
    Ewing irrigation if there is one in your area has products and siteone will likely have products as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our pool builder made us one with the excess rebar, gunite, and moss rock from the build. We have several koi in there and it's been fun to watch them grow.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
        Our pool builder made us one with the excess rebar, gunite, and moss rock from the build. We have several koi in there and it's been fun to watch them grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In my mind its going to be fairly expensive to build one right and make it blend in with your current backyard. Then it is going to be a pain in the dic! to keep and maintain.

Comment

po0nd

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
            Check out aqua scape videos on YouTube
            Ewing irrigation if there is one in your area has products and siteone will likely have products as well

I will look them up,
            Thanks

Comment

pond

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
              In my mind its going to be fairly expensive to build one right and make it blend in with your current backyard. Then it is going to be a pain in the dic! to keep and maintain.
              I'm thinking of putting it where the trampoline is. Hopefully its gone in a year. If I dont go too big, I think it'll be fine. Got lots of time to research it

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

How deep is it?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                  I'm thinking of putting it where the trampoline is. Hopefully its gone in a year. If I dont go too big, I think it'll be fine. Got lots of time to research it
                  Man, you can buy a shi# load of beer for what it is gonna cost you to build/maintain a freakin goldfish pond.....

Comment

Ya , it’ll give me something to do nice the kids are gone

Comment

How deep is it?

Probably around 3’.

Comment

I had 7 ponds at my last house. It is a air B&B now. I built them all myself. The biggest was 55' long and 14' wide and 4' deep. The reason I had so many is I kept coming up with huge, cool looking rocks and I got the liner for a steal. If you go to commercial roofing companies (the kind that do shopping centers and such) and buy the ends of the roofing rubber they put on flat roofs. It is the exact same as the best pond liner and they charge 1/10th the price. The piece I bought did 6 ponds with enough left over to do a couple more and cost me less than the liner from a pond place to do my first 12'x12' pond.
                        Last edited by Draco; 05-26-2022, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Draco, RJK70, what's the maintenance like on the ponds? Do you fight the algae and moss or just let it grow naturally? Do you ever drain the ponds to clean them?

Comment

Draco, RJK70, what's the maintenance like on the ponds? Do you fight the algae and moss or just let it grow naturally? Do you ever drain the ponds to clean them?

Yes algae is an issue a couple times a year. Have to keep the filter as clean as possible. You are supposed to drain it and clean the rocks but we have not done that yet. Would have to put the fish in kiddie pool during that exercise

Comment

Working...
                            X