X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be this weekend before I get a chance to really check it out

Comment

Bog Deathgrip?

Maybe a dumb question, but...... Is this thing suitable to be mobile? For spot and stalk situations?

Still looking for ideas on a pronghorn hunt

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
        Maybe a dumb question, but...... Is this thing suitable to be mobile? For spot and stalk situations?

Still looking for ideas on a pronghorn hunt
        That’s how they advertise it in the videos on the website.

Comment

I also ordered the aluminum one from Midway USA. Should deliver it on 5-23.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
            Those of you that have one, is the saddle removable? Is it threaded to put another base on it like a leveling head?
            just got mine in and from what i can tell i would say no.

Comment

please post reviews if you have one for those still on the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                just got mine in and from what i can tell i would say no.

Dang. I’ve got a SLIK 700dx and 340dx that I use my reaper grip on. But I’m wanting to switch to a direct mount and a leveling head to be a little more stable and a lot more compact.

Comment

Might have to go with a triclawps myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                    please post reviews if you have one for those still on the fence.
                    I took mine out last night for a lil predator hunting, which I do a lot of. I walk in to all my spots and have been hunting from a Bog tripod for years. I had the regular twist to extend legs with the switcheroo saddle head. The deathgrip hands down is the best tripod I have used. Straight out the box you would think this tripod is $400 and not $130. The legs extend smoothly and clamp firm. The legs have three settings 20,45 and 85 degree. This allows you to lock in the leg angle you want. Fully compressed and legs set at 85 degree you can lay prone. I used it last night standing up. I am 6’0 and it was plenty tall and comfortable. The head clamps easy and held my gun with ease. The head tension can be adjusted up and down and side to side. I like this because having a little tension when following a moving animal makes for a more stable shot. The overall stability of the tripod is amazing. It’s solid. Some cons that I found is there is no numbering on the legs when you extend them out. I extended it and set it to my height, then marked with a white sharpie. It’s not light, but it’s really not supposed to be. It’s about 8-9 lbs. Fully compressed it isn’t too bad, but walking with it extended it’s a little bulky. But for me it’s not a big deal. I am Not walking super long distances. Another thing is if you’re taller then about 6’2 you may need to squat some. I am happy with it. It’s great for my application. I can see it preforming well in a ground blind with a gun or crossbow. Now the true test. Time and use. We’ll see how it holds up. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

Pics
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justicetx View Post
                        I took mine out last night for a lil predator hunting, which I do a lot of. I walk in to all my spots and have been hunting from a Bog tripod for years. I had the regular twist to extend legs with the switcheroo saddle head. The deathgrip hands down is the best tripod I have used. Straight out the box you would think this tripod is $400 and not $130. The legs extend smoothly and clamp firm. The legs have three settings 20,45 and 85 degree. This allows you to lock in the leg angle you want. Fully compressed and legs set at 85 degree you can lay prone. I used it last night standing up. I am 6’0 and it was plenty tall and comfortable. The head clamps easy and held my gun with ease. The head tension can be adjusted up and down and side to side. I like this because having a little tension when following a moving animal makes for a more stable shot. The overall stability of the tripod is amazing. It’s solid. Some cons that I found is there is no numbering on the legs when you extend them out. I extended it and set it to my height, then marked with a white sharpie. It’s not light, but it’s really not supposed to be. It’s about 8-9 lbs. Fully compressed it isn’t too bad, but walking with it extended it’s a little bulky. But for me it’s not a big deal. I am Not walking super long distances. Another thing is if you’re taller then about 6’2 you may need to squat some. I am happy with it. It’s great for my application. I can see it preforming well in a ground blind with a gun or crossbow. Now the true test. Time and use. We’ll see how it holds up. Hope this helps a little.
                        Could you take some pictures of how the head attaches?

Comment

Leg clamp
                          Attached Files

Comment

Holding gun
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                              Could you take some pictures of how the head attaches?
                              Here
                              Attached Files

Comment

thanks justicetx, thats a good review, any ldp's from your hunt.
                                I am getting a lot closer on pulling trigger on one of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X