Go topless weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
    I don't remember us being that bad in the 90's . Maybe I'm just older now..
    No it wasnt bad, they would just handcuff tons of people and drive them across the ferry, a school bus load at a time to Galveston County Jail. I'm sure they were all sweet little angel's minding their own business, doing no wrong.

Constantly sheriff's dept riding on the edge of the dunes behind the crowd on horseback, patrol vehicles closer to the water. Pretty effective.

More than enough booze and fights for anyone.

Your memory must be fading on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      Let them have there fun remember you were young once.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
      Sure. Problem is that this 'event' started off as a family friendly event for Jeep CJ/Wrangler owners to gather, have a good time, and show off their rigs. Unfortunately the moniker of "Go Topless" has brought out the less desirables and the atmosphere has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Oh yeah. It was super bad at night.

My first time to Port A in 87 for spring break there was a riot and fires. Some guy ran over a chick. They turned his car over and lit it ablaze. A mob mentality ensued and they burned down several of the wood porta potty style bathrooms.

Crystal Beach in the 90s was the same redneck white trash. Rebel flags, pit bulls. Tight wranglers with boots and no shirt. Vidor was in the house. Lol. Tons of fights.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Easy now I grew up in vidor lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
          No it wasnt bad, they would just handcuff tons of people and drive them across the ferry, a school bus load at a time to Galveston County Jail. I'm sure they were all sweet little angel's minding their own business, doing no wrong.

Constantly sheriff's dept riding on the edge of the dunes behind the crowd on horseback, patrol vehicles closer to the water. Pretty effective.

I remember the buses they would wait until it was full before they left the beach.. got cuffed a couple times but never had to take the ride..

Comment

they would just handcuff tons of people and drive them across the ferry, a school bus load at a time to Galveston County Jail. I'm sure they were all sweet little angel's minding their own business, doing no wrong.

Constantly sheriff's dept riding on the edge of the dunes behind the crowd on horseback, patrol vehicles closer to the water.

This should probably be implemented again. Do this for several years in a row and the s*** show will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
              Sure. Problem is that this 'event' started off as a family friendly event for Jeep CJ/Wrangler owners to gather, have a good time, and show off their rigs. Unfortunately the moniker of "Go Topless" has brought out the less desirables and the atmosphere has changed.
              Bingo bango!!

We went to one of the first. I would take my 16 year old who drives the jeep we drove now.

Today, not so much

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine, who would be in his mid 70's now, told me a story about his fraternity going to Matagorda in his early 20's. They got in all kinds of trouble and were told to never come back.

We were visiting them at their beach house there when he told the story. Kids have been acting a fool at the beach for a loooong time.

Comment

This should probably be implemented again. Do this for several years in a row and the s*** show will go away.
                  No. It won't....because it hasn't.

Comment

Move it to a nice state park or something. The jungle is not the place. Lol. They used to sell shirts that said the jungle on the beach.

The wild party used to be south of Galveston at Jamaica and Indian Beaches. That is why they banned alcohol at all Galveston Island beaches except one. Then the party moved to Crystal Beach.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-20-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I'm all for fun until they start trashing the place and hurting people.

Comment

😂I remember that ride, I had to be hand cuffed to a drunk shrimper that wouldn’t shut up!

Comment

I read the first 3 post and scrolled through 3 pages for Nothing!!
                          DANGIT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                            I'm all for fun until they start trashing the place and hurting people.
                            I pretty much grew up on crystal beach it's always been crazy. People get hurt and the sand gets destroyed really.

Comment

Start another family Jeep party but don't tell everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                                I saw there's a petition to keep the event from happening again.
                                Don't think that will happen. Read the laws on Texas public beaches

Comment

Working...
                                X