Go topless weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
    Easy now some of us like to drive down the beach and fish the surf every now and then.
    Yep I even drive my jeep down the beach early in the morning looking for birds diving on bait.. all of the fighting videos and story's I've heard from people that live there it was the kids causing most of the trouble..

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
      Easy now some of us like to drive down the beach and fish the surf every now and then.
      I feel ya, I'm not against that at all but the way the beaches are treated here by so many people is just disgraceful...

Comment

Here's a thought, why does it have to be a beach? I think they choose the Crystal Beach area to get away from the law and they know resources will be limited on LEO. I know there used to be huge meets at the Gulf Greyhound Park in Lamarque in years past and those were all the drifting, super cars, mustangs, corvettes and such. You never heard about any issues at those get togethers.

My sister has a nice place down there and they go specifically to keep an eye on theirs and the neighbors places. They are 5-6 cabins off the beach in a quiet neighborhood, mostly retired folks and only 2 rentals in the immediate area. She said they had people urinating & defecating under the vacant cabins, showering in outside showers, random people washing off vehicles with water hoses and such. Just no care for others property whatsoever. What started out as a small local gathering has turned into an overgrown free for all. When a business like the Stingaree closes for the safety of their employees, it's out of hand.

Comment

These **** young spoiled white kids are acting like they are monkeys. As someone else noticed this looks like Kappa Beach Party, Part Duex - Bleached.

I know we all went to have fun when younger and I am sure if videoed we looked foolish throwing beads for flashes, etc. But we never had any gun-play, people being run over or the like. Hell if you showed up in a 16 valve Cummins you were the talk of the beach. How in the world are kids showing up with what looks to be 40-50k worth of modded UTV.. If this was a Bernie rally I could appreciate the yard defecation, they have to dump and sharing some with others, but I only saw Trump flags.

Things are insane, and yes I know some of these where adults but my points apply to the young adults as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I know there used to be huge meets at the Gulf Greyhound Park in Lamarque in years past and those were all the drifting, super cars, mustangs, corvettes and such. You never heard about any issues at those get togethers.
            We do autocross at the greyhound park actually. Lots of fun, and no one dies even with cars flying around the track.

I totally agree with your sentiment. Young kids with too much money and not enough parents is the problem.
            Last edited by WItoTX; 05-20-2019, 01:25 PM. Reason: .

Comment

The Jungle is living up to it's name. We used to frequent the area for spring break and holidays. It's always been like that after dark. Tons of fights, cops. Etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                There are already laws on the books that could be enforced to stop at least a portion of the stupidity. You could easily hammer those people on open intoxicants, using cell phone while driving, drinking in public, drunk in public, speeding, and patrol the crap out of that area, so long as the police department knew of the event early enough to staff it.
                You obviously haven't been around when one of these events goes down. There are just too many people for any of that to be enforced with any level of effectiveness. It's a great theory though.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                  You obviously haven't been around when one of these events goes down. There are just too many people for any of that to be enforced with any level of effectiveness. It's a great theory though.
                  It could be an awesome fund-raising event for local LEOs from ticket revenue if they staffed for it appropriately... jussaying

Comment

Napalm might be a good option too... could make a decent dent in the DB population...

Comment

You've got the DBs from everywhere coming over to Crystal Beach for this deal. All the hillbillies that like to do the Rednecks with Paychecks thing. Then all the idiots coming over from Houston. I accidently found myself down there a few years ago during that weekend, and will never make that mistake again. Pure ignorance for miles down that beach. People have to realize that it is feast of famine for the officers on that island. I'd imagine it is hard to prepare for something like that.

Comment

My son goes every year and he said this year was an S show. I think he said one of the old timers mention it was on par with spring breakers of the 90's. Not sure if I should take that as a complement or not. LOL

Comment

Let them have there fun remember you were young once.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                            My son goes every year and he said this year was an S show. I think he said one of the old timers mention it was on par with spring breakers of the 90's. Not sure if I should take that as a complement or not. LOL
                            I don't remember us being that bad in the 90's . Maybe I'm just older now..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                              I don't remember us being that bad in the 90's . Maybe I'm just older now..
                              Oh yeah. It was super bad at night.

My first time to Port A in 87 for spring break there was a riot and fires. Some guy ran over a chick. They turned his car over and lit it ablaze. A mob mentality ensued and they burned down several of the wood porta potty style bathrooms.

Crystal Beach in the 90s was the same redneck white trash. Rebel flags, pit bulls. Tight wranglers with boots and no shirt. Vidor was in the house. Lol. Tons of fights.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

i know a guy that was part of the group that originally started go topless on the beach, even he said it is out of hand and does not go anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X