No announcement yet.

Go topless weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It needs to be shut down. Super dangerous and destructive. nothing but trashy people who don’t have one ounce of respect for anything leaving our beach looking like their front yard.

Comment

Heard over 400 emergency calls. Sounds like not too good of a time, just a bunch of idiota.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        Heard over 400 emergency calls. Sounds like not too good of a time, just a bunch of idiota.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest update I heard is down to 68 arrested and 1 death

Comment

I saw there's a petition to keep the event from happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
            I don't blame them one bit.

There were 400 calls for service on the Bolivar Peninsula during the 'Go Topless' Jeep Weekend at Crystal Beach, according to Henry Trochesset, Galveston County sheriff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We went to the first few years but it got to be a big driving drunk fest, with a bunch of mall crawlers..

Comment

Problem is that it's a public beach that allows motor vehicle traffic. This isn't a sponsored event. Just a bunch of individuals showing up at the same place at the same time. Unless they close the beach to vehicle traffic it would be fairly impossible to end it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                  Problem is that it's a public beach that allows motor vehicle traffic. This isn't a sponsored event. Just a bunch of individuals showing up at the same place at the same time. Unless they close the beach to vehicle traffic it would be fairly impossible to end it.
                  Like most petitions, doubt anything comes of it. I always thought there would be a permit process for something that big. I guess it's looked at like an unorganized gathering.

Comment

This^^^^^^
                    How do you stop a gathering at a public beach? We went for several years and the "gathering" is no longer something we want to participate in. Too many punks and millennial that don't understand the initial idea. And yes....if they aren't scratched, rusted, or dented, it's just not our crowd.

Comment

Like most petitions, doubt anything comes of it. I always thought there would be a permit process for something that big. I guess it's looked at like an unorganized gathering.
                      If it were a sponsored event I am sure there would be a permit process. However, it is exactly what you said, an unorganized event.

Comment

For anyone interested, several of the Jeep groups are breaking away from the Crystal Beach GTW and relocating to SLP or Matagorda for a more family friendly event.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Tell them Matagorda is full and they will need to go further south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Matagorda doesn’t need anymore to deal with. Most Beaches further south are still somewhat nice. They should just stay where they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                          Yup. Matagorda doesn’t need anymore to deal with. Most Beaches further south are still somewhat nice. They should just stay where they are.

They throw Matagorda out there and im guessing most people have never actually been. Gorda is tiny and doesnt have the infrastructure to handle an event like that. Matagorda also does allow UTV on the beach on top of the beach on being maintained a few miles down. An event of this size would be a cluster of epic proportions if held in Matagorda.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            They throw Matagorda out there and im guessing most people have never actually been. Gorda is tiny and doesnt have the infrastructure to handle an event like that. Matagorda also does allow UTV on the beach on top of the beach on being maintained a few miles down. An event of this size would be a cluster of epic proportions if held in Matagorda.
                            that was my thoughts when I heard matty mentioned. It just wont work for very much of a crowd. And then theyd prolly make it the same weekend as one of the 100 fishin tournaments. SLP just isn't far enough away to keep the idiots at bay.

On another note I found out last night the kid that was life flighted was a family friend of ours son. I don't know much else

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              that was my thoughts when I heard matty mentioned. It just wont work for very much of a crowd. And then theyd prolly make it the same weekend as one of the 100 fishin tournaments. SLP just isn't far enough away to keep the idiots at bay.

On another note I found out last night the kid that was life flighted was a family friend of ours son. I don't know much else
                              Sorry to hear about your sons friend.

100 tournaments is right, the harbor is already a nightmare most day. Although the county would make a killing on the beach permits.

Surf side would be a decent choice, but im sure the locals dont want all them idiots around either.

Comment

side note:

after seeing some of the videos if anyone is in the jeep, jacked up truck or UTV market I think a valid question is.

ever been to topless jeep weekend?

The amount of those fools driving their vehicles in waist deep in beach water !

Comment

Working...
                                X